•Hyojong•

Hui sat up and groaned at the sight of the food. After a few bites of fluffy pancakes and Hyojong's concerned words, he took the pill.

Hyojong leaned into the couch after the last bite. His stomach was full and he felt like passing out.

"You read that a lot?" Hui pointed to the worn out book on the pristine coffee table.

Hyojong nodded slightly and Hui picked it up.

"My sister loves the book. . .and the movie." He said and set it back down.

"I've read it quite a few times. It's my favourite book I have."

Hui pulled some of the blanket from Hyojong and put it over himself.

"Have you ever watched Anohana?" Hui asked. Hyojong shook his head. He would've said he'd only watched Happy Feet but he knew that wasn't normal.

"Come here." Hui pulled out his phone and opened am app. It was in English: Netflix. Hyojong heard people talk about it but he'd never seen it for himself.

He moved closer to Hui. When their legs touched under the blanket his body chilled. He tried his best to concentrate on the show.

He was shocked back to reality when Hui shoved his shoulder harshly.

"Him, that's who you look like! Yukiatsu it's you!" Hyojong tried hard to see the resemblance. Like really hard, but they were both just dirty blond.

Every time the guy showed up Hui would smile. Hyojong focused on the show, but every time the face came up he looked at the boys face.

"Is he your favourite?" Hyojong asked finally. Hui nodded.

"He's so fucked up from all the shit... but, it's like I understand that. I don't know, he's real attractive too." He mumbled and stared intently at his phone. Hyojong smiled slightly, he'd said Yukaitsu was attractive. Hui hadn't realized what he said. But Hyojong had and the words remained on his mind the whole day.

ו×

Back at school, the teacher was pairing students up. There was a project coming up in their literature class.

Hyojong screamed internally when he was put with Hui. He was already falling for him. He couldn't help it... he knew the same thing would happen.

"I'm no good at literature, you'll have to guide me." Hui said sitting beside Hyojong with a smile. It wasn't the same smile he gave when people stopped him in the hallways. Or when he talked to groups of swooning people.

It was different somehow, just for Hyojong. It scared him, but deep down it made him melt.

"We'll have to go to yours though. My parents don't do guests." Hyojong said as they opened their laptops. They'd only gotten a paragraph. Hyojong would write while Hui would show him a funny video, insisting it was the last one.

ו×

Hui's house was amazing. It wasn't as nice as Wooseok's, but it was better than anywhere Hyojong had ever slept. Hui led the way upstairs. They passed the living room where a young girl was running around and singing to the TV.

Hui's bedroom had so many things Hyojong had to go around and look at them.

Soccer trophies, signed balls, a shoe wall, and what peaked Hyojong's attention; a bookcase.

It only held twenty books at most. Hyojong didn't care, he scrambled over. Hui chucked and crouched down beside him as he looked over the books.

He pulled out Paper Towns.

"I thought you said your sister read this? She looked seven!" Hui looked away and blushed while he smiled slightly.

"Yeah uh... it's a good book." He said sheepishly.

Hyojong looked over the other books. A few were sports, but most were fiction.

"I didn't take you for the type who read." Hyojong admitted.

Hui spoke, shocking Hyojong with how close he was.

"Yeah... I guess I put up a front that makes people assume that."

Hyojong stood and walked to the bed. He sat lightly, it was soft and comfortable. He wanted nothing more than to fall back and nap. After school he felt like a zombie, just a little shut eye would do him-

"Since you already researched the stuff, I'll just type what you tell me." Hui said and sat beside Hyojong.

He was smiling slightly.

"You can lay if you want." Hui said softly, a little too soft for Hyojong's no-love mindset. Hyojong nodded and Hui grabbed his laptop along with the notepad Hyojong brought. Hyojong tried his best to shake the image burned into his mind. Hui's features seemed to glow under his bedroom light. Hyojong couldn't help but want to dive into his eyes and swim. And he hated it, because love gave away his control. He was giving a piece of himself to another. He had to trust that it wouldn't be hurt. And Hyojong didn't assume that Hui wouldn't hurt him. In fact that was one of the many reasons that Hyojong's palms become sweaty, and his heart beat faster when Hui looked him in the eye.

He was absolutely terrified. But Hui didn't seem to like him. He needed to keep it that way. No matter how bad he wanted the complete opposite.

Hyojong fell onto the bed. His eyes instantly closed and he sighed. It was way softer than he had expected. It was as if the blankets were lined with fluffy feathers. He turned on his stomach and looked back at Hui who was silently laughing.

"What?" Hyojong asked and grabbed the notepad from Hui. He ignored the feeling of bliss when their hands grazed.

Hyojong was pleasantly surprised when Hui came beside him. He pushed the laptop so it was ahead of his fingers.

Hyojong admired his hands, then immediately scolded himself. But... they were just so- he stopped and opened the pad.

They began their work. When the framework of the partner essay completed. Hyojong sighed relief.

"I'll be back, I'm going to the bathroom." Hui said and Hyojong nodded slightly as his eyes gently closed. He would just rest them. Then he would get back to work. Hyojong felt the weight of Hui leave the bed. His mind slowed and sleep overtook his cozy body as the bedroom door closed.

Word Count 1023