•epilogue•

Please stream Hyojong's song Money. It's the best thing to happen to us stans in a while.😌^^^

Hyojong still hated Jeong Jaehyun. The ex. The now stranger.
He was a heart throb, and a heart breaker. Hyojong thought that he was so lucky to be graced with sharing hearts with him. But the wolf wears a sheep mask.

Jeong Jaehyun. The cheater. The liar. But also, the king. Everyone loved him, everyone knew him. The kind gentleman, charismatic, chivalrous boy. The boy who gave books to someone who couldn't afford them. The boy who gave beanies on cold nights along with kisses.
The boy who takes things that don't belong to him.
Jeong Jaehyun. The sex addict.
The boy who used someone's words to get what he wanted. The inoxicatong dimples that made someone nervous. The cold eyes that made someone afraid to say no.
Jeong Jaehyun. The one who whispers.
The boy who owns everyone's secrets but his own. The one with dirt on everyone. The one who knows someones weaknesses before they do. The one who can convince someone that they'll tell. The one who will tell someone's father what they've been up to in the dark.
Jeong Jaehyun. Someone's lover. Someone's crush. Someone's idol. Someone's enemy. Someone's tormenter.
Hyojong still hated Jeong Jaehyun. Because he taught Hyojong that love was pain and pain was normal. That being taken advantage of by someone that you can't say no to was normal. That that was how love was supposed to be. Because how was he supposed to know any better? That being afraid of their fidelity at parties they go to without telling you was what everyone did. That catching them in bed with a best friend was a small bump in the road that every couple faced. That being screamed at and punched was love. That being fucked like its a chore was okay. And that never feeling the love they promise was an average feeling.

So fine, Hyojong could forgive him, because he was over it.
Maybe.

But that didn't mean he forgot. Like when Hui held him at night it didn't mean that a few tears didn't escape. And that when Wooseok came to his arms and cried for hours -while Hui calmed him- that it didn't bring things back up. Because the tears that Hyojong wiped from Wooseok reminded him of his own. And the words choked through tears felt all too familiar. Hyojong knew that pain that Jeong - Jaehyun taught him.
Maybe one day he could tell Hui. Tell him how he wished Hui was the first he was with. Or the first he loved. Because then he wouldn't hurt so much.
So Hyojong would let it go. Because it hurt so much to hold it in. And it was hard, and he cried. But he moved on. And he found that big people like Wooseok were great pillows. And that you never tell Yuto where your ex's live.

Word Count 489