Answers.

I bite my lip and tuck my hair behind my ear as we walk in silence.

"Do we have wine at home, Ashton?" I ask, much more formally then I had meant to be.

"I think so." He says, watching to road, walking slower then he usually would so I can keep up. "Why?" He asks, turning to me.

I shrug. "I feel like drinking now."

Ashton nods, his eyes returning to the road. A silence that had taken over us since our kiss earlier returns.

"Are we ok?" Ashton asks abruptly.

"Why wouldn't we be?" I ask, knowing full well the answer.

Ashton raises his eyebrows at me. "We really going to ignore each other every time we kiss?"

"Who says there's going to be another kiss?" I frown.

Ashton rolls his eyes, and ignores my comment. "Lil, you went weird after you broke away from me." He says. "I just want to know if you're ok."

I look away from him, and feel myself blush. I know I went weird. My conscience kicked in.

"I just," I go to say, but can't seem to find the right words.

"You don't know what to feel." Ashton finishes for me.

I nod. "Exactly that, actually." I admit.

Ashton sighs, running his hand through his hair. "I don't know how to feel either, Lil." Ash breathes. "But I know I have a good time with you, and you're very attractive." Ashton grins.

I smile slightly. "Well that's true."

Ashton chuckles. "You're modest too." He jokes.

We start to turn up the driveway, and as we reach the door, Ashton looks to me.

"Let's have some wine. Talk it over. Figure everything out." He says.

"Ok." I agree.

Ashton smiles at me reassuringly, before letting us both inside.

I sit on the couch while Ashton searches for a wine somewhere in the house.

He walks over to the living room, and hands me a bottle of wine that looks like I bought from Aldi in 2002. It doesn't even have a cork.

"Delicious." I joke.

"It was either that or goon, be grateful." Ashton laughs, sitting down on the ground.

"Come sit down on the ground with me." He reaches out, inviting me onto the ground.

I nod, sliding down onto the ground across from him.

"Is this the part where we figure everything out?" I ask him, with a slight smile.

"Almost." Ash winks, taking the wine bottle off me and unscrewing the top. Taking a sip, and then setting it down, he wipes his mouth. "Tastes like $2." He grins.

I chuckle, biting my lip. I am very concerned about how long that has been in mums cupboard for.

"Now for the figuring everything out." Ashton rubs his hands together as if he was getting ready for a big meeting. "We aren't friends." Ash. says bluntly.

"Rude." I mutter under my breath.

Ashton grins but ignores my comment. "We're not lovers. We're just, people that like spending time with each other. That kiss a little bit." Ashton shrugs.

"That was a fantastic synopsis." I laugh, taking the bottle out of Ashton's hands and taking a sip.

"Thanks." Ash says, cocking his head to the side in a proud sort of way. "I did Year 12 English."

I smile at him, letting the wine give me enough push to asks questions I usually wouldn't ask.

"Ashton?" I say softly.

"Lily?" He replies, taking the bottle out of my hands so he can take another swig.

"Are you doing this because you're lonely?" I ask. "I mean, you're not around Chantelle or the kids all the time anymore. I know you're feeling alone. I just don't want to be a filler or something, for you."

Ashton stares at me for a second, looking at me with sadness. Placing the wine bottle down, he leans forward slightly.

"Can you answer the same question?" He says quietly, his eyes not wavering off mine.

I feel my cheeks burning up, and I don't believe it's just the wine.

I pause, wanting to give him the answer I wish I could. I know I can't. I shake my head. "No."

Ashton smiles sadly. "I thought so." He looks into my eyes, searching for an answer he won't find. Finally, he leans back, taking another sip of the wine.

There is silence, and I don't know how to fix it anymore. Alcohol either makes everything more simple or more complicated. I guess it was going to do the latter tonight.

"I'm always going to love him, Ash." I tell him, looking to him. His eyes are still on me, but he looks far away now.

"I know." Ash nods. "I would probably think less of you if you didn't."

I nod, swallowing hard. "Every day, I wake up and wonder if this is the day that I will stop loving him. And every day I have to remind myself that I won't stop loving him." I say quietly. "But that doesn't mean I'm not getting on with my life. That doesn't stop me from being a mother, a friend, a daughter." I shrug. "I can't loose myself along with him."

Ashton looks like he's trying to figure out what to say. "I wouldn't let you lose yourself." He says softly.

We stare at each other for a second. Ashton has crossed his legs over, his arm resting on his knee, letting the wine bottle hang loosely from his hand.

He looks away from me, staring out the window, where a streetlight has pushed through the curtains and has lot up his face slightly. He looks mad, angry, and the worst thing about it is I know it's at himself.

"I think I can answer that question now." I tell him, suddenly.

Ashton's eyes meet mine, and I make my decision. Leaning forward, I push myself onto my knees, resting my body onto Ashton's, letting my lips sink softly onto his.

Ashton places the wine bottle down, before wrapping his arms around my waist, letting me to sit above him. My hands find his neck, and he responds passionately, giving everything back to me as I am giving to him.

I pull away softly, watching Ashton savour on the last moment, his eyes slowly flickering open.

Ashton breaks out into a grin, his soft hazel eyes glowing in the streetlight. "That's the best damn answer I've ever had."

------------------------------------------
I went and saw One Direction last night, and the day after everyone finds out Niall has a girlfriend, apparently. So Obvs, it's me. Just before the rumours start. I thought you guys should be the first to know. 😏😉

ENJOY :)