Am I retarded or am I just overjoyed?

"Holy shit! Gloria! I won! I won!"

    "What?"  Claire ran out of the store holding her phone to her ear. She squatted beside me.

    "I just won two tickets to go see Green Day!" my straw fell out of my mouth, as I spit red slush out across the parking lot.

    "Are you kidding me?" I was so excited my heart was pounding.

    "No come on!" She pulled me up off the parking curb and we ran into the store. We leaned on the edge of the counter by the radio and listened. Leon was putting cigarettes in their place behind the counter. The music went off.

    "And we are back to 103.7 the rock with caller number ten, caller number ten are you there?" Claire smiled and stepped back a bit from the radio. I stayed were I was.

    "Yes I'm here." I heard her voice on the radio. My eyes grew wide with surprise and I turned with my jaw dropped smiling keeping my ear to the radio.

    "Well congratulations! You just won two tickets to see Green Day when they stop in town this month on their American Idiot tour!"  I ran to her and we both screamed. "Well sounds like you're excited and ready!"

    "Yes sir I'm a huge Green Day fan!" I could still hear the radio. There was a delay but only like two seconds.

    "Any idea who you will take?"

    "Absolutely! My very best friend Gloria!"

    "I love you!" I kissed her on the mouth as I heard myself being repeated on the radio. I had never kissed a girl but she deserved it.

    "There you have it folks, your next chance to win some awesome tickets will return on Monday" The radio started playing commercials so I walked to cut it down while Claire received more information on where to get the tickets. She talked awhile then hung up the phone.

    "Oh my god! I'm super excited!" She ran over and hugged me. "I can't believe we're finally going to see Green Day live!"

    "I know I'm still in shock!"

    "Alright now if you two start making out again at least tell me before hand so I can at least watch and not just catch the end." Leon bent over the counter resting next to me. I turned and ruffled his sandy blonde hair.

    "Sure thing!"

    "Well we better go get our tickets before someone else pose's as me." Claire grabbed her purse and went for the door."

    "Alright, I guess I'll catch you later." I turned saying to Leon. He walked from around the counter.

    "Ok. You two be careful!" He gave me a hug.

    "We will!" Claire said pushing the door open.

    "Bye." I waved at him and he waved back. We hurried to the car giggling in excitement and hopped in. I quickly buckled. I knew she'd be in a hurry. We headed for the interstate.

    "Soooooo, when are you and Leon gonna hook up?"

    "What?"

    "Oh come on, you guys like each other! It's totally obvious."

    "No, he doesn't like me."

    "Oh please. He's been giving you free slushy's since we started going in that 7-11!"

    "Well that's because he's our friend."

    "Oh really? Then why do I always have to pay for my Honey bbq twists?"