Nobody's Perfect and I Stand Accused

I woke more excited as each day passed getting closer and closer to our date with Green Day. Each night Claire and I talked about the things we would do or say if we were able to meet them. At first it was ridiculous things like Claire would say she would jump into Tre's arms and kiss him all over, just fun things; but as we got closer we were figuring out things we would want them to sign. College work was being procrastinated more than often as I would day dream how the concert would go. I would love to be able to bump into Billie and talk and he find out just how awesome I was only to fall madly in love with me no matter the age difference.

    "Gloria?.... Gloria!" Leon was shaking my arm.

    "Huh?" I was pulled back in to reality, and it was pre-calculus.

    "Are you ok?" He lifted an eyebrow.

    "Yea sorry I was daydreaming."

    "Let me guess, it was about the concert?" I smiled and nodded. He smiled back. "So when is it?"

    "It's tomorrow can you believe it?"

    "Wow that's awesome. So are you two planning on taking the trip up to the coliseum in the morning or what?"

    "I think we are going to leave tonight since it's a good ways. We were talking about getting a hotel room nearby that way we can get there early and wait, because I'm sure it'll be crowded." 

    He nodded his head. "That sounds like a smart idea. Which you are always smart." He flashed his pretty boy teeth and I melted.

   "Thanks Leon Lance, you know, you can be pretty smart yourself if you just applied your brain to the materiel." He laughed.

   "Oh but Gloria, sweet Gloria there are far more interesting things than trying to graph functions."

    "Like what?" 

    "Like you." 

    I smiled I put my head down hoping he wouldn't see me blush.

    "Alright here are a few problems on the board. I want you and your partner to graph out." Mr. Bryer said. I stopped blushing and looked at the board.

   "Great, more problems. I'm not even going to be dealing with functions when I own my own record store." Leon said.

    "Oh we can do this. All we have to do is use our calculators to find the x-intercepts, then use this formula to find "x" which would be our axis of symmetry, then we plug that into the formula to get "y" then put x and y together giving us the vertex." He just stared at me as if I had been speaking in another language.

     "You amaze me." I just laughed and did the first problem. After he watched he picked it up and helped with the rest. The teacher started calling people up to do each problem.

    "So are you going to be at work after class?" Leon averted his attention from the board.

    "Yeah, I got my uniform in my bag. Are you guys going to stop by before you leave?"

     "Yeah, I'd like to. You know to say bye and all since I won't be tomorrow. And I've been craving a slushy." I was smiling trying not to blush. I think he could tell, he was grinning.

    "I'd like that too." 

    I smiled and we continued our work. Class let out and Leon walked me to my car and hugged me bye. I went straight home and called Claire.

    "What it do?"

    "Hey Claire, so are you still wanting to go tonight?"

    "Hells yeah! I want to get there as quickly as possible! I wish we were there now!" I laughed.