"Monster Mishap" (part 1)

Calm days had gotten rare for tom and tord, though they didn't mind excitement from their wonderful children, they did enjoy having a peaceful day whenever they could. Lucky for them, that's what it seemed to for a while. However after laying on the couch and watching a couple of movies with Noah and Evelyn, they noticed that their two troublemakers had wandered out of the living room. Tom and Tord looked at each other, before tom spoke, "don't worry, i'll go check on them" Tord responding with a peck on the cheek and a small, "thank youuu."

As Tom got up and off of the couch, he called out his children's names... to no response? He wasn't too worried at first, thinking that they simply didn't hear him. It wasn't until he saw The door to the basement open. This wouldn't have been alarming if it was simply just a basement, however it wasn't. When making evelyn and noah tord had used the basement as a lab, since even before they had thought of having the kids. Tom didn't really have any idea what was down there but he didn't know whether or not it was good. "Tord!! Come here the kids got into the basement!" he called out, before quickly running down the stairs.

Tord immediately shot up, "What!?" he shouted, stumbling a bit but getting off the couch and heading over. Sure enough when he got to the door it was wide open. "Hold on, i'm coming!" he called out, heading down the stairs as well. He was already worried enough, and his nerves certainly did not settle when he heard a small crash when he was only halfway down. He quickened his pace, soon making it to the bottom of the stairs. It was dark in the room, just how tord had left it. He never wanted to come back down here due to some bad memories associated with the room. But his babies were down here, so he called out, "Tom? Kids? I heard a crash are you all okay-!" Before he could finish, he was cut off by something lunging forward to him, Roaring at him. Tord fell back in surprise, looking up and seeing that it was tom.

Tom's body had shifted slightly, he grew a tiny bit taller, horns, sharper teeth and a tail. Soon, his roar was followed by two more smaller ones to each of tom's side. His babies noah and evelyn had shifted too. Tord had to process for a moment, and once he had, he didn't know whether to be afraid, or 'awe' at how adorable his family looked. He shook his head and stood back up, holding his hand out to tom. "It's just me? You three must have gotten into my old serums...lets hope this will wear off soon"

(Hey this is rev! Leave down in the comments if you want a part two to this short story! thank you!)