Chapter sixteen:The truth

Gina POV

" Come in. " my mum said when she opened the door and discovered it was me.

" Yeah. " I said entering.

" Want some tea? " she asked me. " coffee?"

" No I'm good. Thanks. " I told her. And I sat down. " I gotta talk to you. About a daughter of yours. " I told her. This only made her surprised but she sat down.

" About a daughter of mine? " she asked. " What about my daughter. " she asked.

" No. Me. Gina? " I asked her. " You had two daughters right? " I asked her. I could see tears gathering in her eyes.

" Yeah...how... How did you know that. " she asked me this time a tear drop had found it way out of her eyes.

" Well what if I tell you. I'm one of them. " I didn't know when I started crying. " Mum I'm back. " I said.

" Wh...what? " she asked. " Gina...as in... My.....my Gina? " she knelt down before me and touched my cheeks cleaning my tears. But that didn't help I was pouring more. I knelt down to join her.

" Yes mum....I've come home. " I said hugging her.

I didn't know when Gemma entered until she cleared her throat and she was with Chase.

" But mum why didn't you look for me. I lived 15 years as an orphan. I thought you were no more but I recognized you as soon as we met yesterday. " I said standing up and then stood her up.

" You gotta hear this. I didn't abandon you my dear. " she said. " Please seat. "

Fifteen years ago( Author POV).

" Mummy common I want that. " Gemma pointed at the man selling cotton candy.

They were at the train station.

" Common Gemma sugar isn't good for the body. " 8 year old Gina said. " Right mum? " she asked her mum.

Their mum holding both of their hands. She smiles at Gina.

" Right dear but you know whatever Gemma wants she gets. Or she won't listen to either of us." She said.

" Yeah mum because you pamper too much. " Gina said laughing.

" I can't help it. " their mum says laughing with Gina.

" Mummy cotton candy nowwww!!!!!" 6 years old Gemma said whining.

" OK princess " Mummy let go of Gina's hand to reach for the money in her purse. " let's go baby. " she says going to the direction of the cotton candy. " Gina common let's go. " she didn't bother holding Gina's hand no more.

Today was very crowded at the station. Gina following behind got lost in the crowd. Shouting mummy didn't help because she didn't come. She cried looking for her mum. Because of the direction of the crowd she boarded the train by mistake and got lost permanently.

She was picked up by a stranger and the stranger took her to the orphanage home.

Meanwhile at the station.

" Here baby. Your cotton candy. " she gave Gemma.

" Yayyyyy candy!" She happily collected it jumping up.
" Gina mummy... " looking for her sister.

" What Darling. " mummy asked.

" Mummy Gina!" Gemma began crying.

" Gina dear, where are you. " She called out but no answer.