𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

CHAPTER EIGHT true or false

CHAPTER EIGHT
true or false

Sam places a mason jar on the counter in front of Wyatt and Denise who are sitting at the island, opposite of Sam and Jay. The teenagers look at eachother confused then back at their parents and Wyatt asks, "What's this for?"

"This, my only son, is going to be the family's swear jar. So everytime one of us swears, we put 50 cents or a dollar, depending on the swear, into it" Sam says, "And every month once it's filled up, we'll all decide together what to do with the money"

"More" Gracie says. Sam grabs the cheerios from the counter and walks over to Gracie who is in her high chair and pours some in front of her and says, "Okay?"

"Is this really necessary?" Wyatt asks. Sam lifts an eyebrow and says, "The swear jar is because of you"

"Me? What did I do?"

"Remember what happened yesterday when you stubbed your toe?"

Flashback...
Last night

Wyatt walks down the stairs to the living room and when he turns the corner he stubs his toe on the corner of the banister and groans, "Son of a bitch"

Gracie tilts her head to the side and says, "son of a bitch?"

Sam and Jay look at each other in shock.

Flashback over..

"Oh yeah" Wyatt says, then turns to look at his sister.

"Yeah. And it starts today"

🌙🌙🌙

"Victim's name is Alison Collier" Hailey tells Voight who is walking towards her on the sidewalk, "Her husband is..."

"Jason Collier. Yeah, he's the alderman for the 43rd ward" Voight says, as he and Hailey walk towards Sam, Jay, Brayden and Kevin, "We crossed paths way back when he was a prosecutor."

"Sarg, looks like this was a burglary. The back door was pried open with a crowbar" Kevin says.

"It was on the floor near Alison's body. I had forensics send it to the crime lab, requested a rush order. Hopefully, we can pull a print" Hailey says.

"Hey, man" Hank says, as Adam walks over to them, "You okay?"

"I guess. The, uh, plates on the blue Honda came back to a Lincoln town car" Adam says.