𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE this city

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
this city

Sam and Jay are in bed, with Gracie in between them sleeping when Jay's phone dings. Jay goes to look at it and says, "Baby, it's a crime scene"

"Okay, go. Be safe" Sam says, as Jay leans in for a kiss.

"Always" Jay says, then goes to kiss his daughters head.

~~~

The next morning, Sam walks out of the bathroom, and down the stairs into the kitchen where she couldn't believe her eyes and says, "Guys, what's going on?"

Denise turns around, putting the plate of pancakes onto the counter and says, "We wanted to make you and Jay breakfast"

"Wow, guys. Everything looks delicious" Sam smiles, looking at all the breakfast fixings on the table, where her three year old is sitting in her highchair, stuffing pancakes into her mouth, "What do you guys want?"

"We just wanted to do something nice" Wyatt says and Sam raises an eyebrow, "And...there's a party tomorrow night. We want to go"

"Uh-huh" Sam says, going to the fridge to get the orange juice out.

"Please, Sammy. We'll be safe" Denise pleads.

Sam sighs and says, "I'll talk to Jay. And I'll call you as soon as we talk about it, okay?" making the two teenagers nod their heads.

🌙🌙🌙

The intelligence team is back on the unit after going to a scene where a gang war had started. Jay stands at the whiteboard, pointing to the four sections he had taped off and says, "Okay, this is the four block section. Controlled by a new, young faction of the GPs, but to say 'control' is really an overstatement"

"Yeah, these kids are wild" Kevin says.

"They don't observe any rules or bylaws" Kim says.

"Will any of these young guns stand out from the crowd, make a name for himself?" Hank says.

"There's a lot of arrests for possession" Adam says.

"Alright, so follow that. Listen. If there's kids out there dealing drugs, that means someone out there is controlling it somewhere. Talk to gangs. Use what intel they got"

"Reached out to a few of my CIs. If they're banking on the drug angle, they should have a name" Antonio says.

"Okay, good, but let's move fast. We gotta find a kid who can sit down with Eddie Brackton before this wave gets ahead of us"