𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE sacrifice

sacrifice

Hank walks onto a crime scene where he sees broken glass and shell casings everywhere and sees Adam walking over to him and asks, "Alright, where we at?"

"When we rolled up, it was in progress. Offenders made good on their escape" Ruzek explains.

"Yeah, they did some planning. Two fast escape routes on the interstate from here. You got the tags?"

"Yeah, it came back hot. Stolen from the gold coast a week ago. Patrol's got a possible sighting in Humboldt park. Atwater and Burgess are on it"

"Okay" Hank says, as they walk over to Sam, Hailey and Jay.

"Driver's in surgery at Med. Severe blunt force trauma to the head. It could go either way" Hailey says.

"Okay, what were they after?"

"Pills" Adam says.

"How much they get?"

"I checked the driver's manifest. It looks like they got away with four boxes of bulk opioids. Street value of about a quarter of a million"

"Patrol told me this is the third van heist in the area this month. There's no working PODs on the block. No luck with business surveillance either" Jay says.

"Alright, let's talk to the drug manufacturer and the shipping company. I want to know all their routes and what exactly was on those vans. We figure out how they did it, should help us find who did it" Hank says, before they all part ways.

🌙🌙🌙

"So, I spoke to robbery. All three vans were owned by Venture Shipping" Jay says, pointing to the board, "The offenders, they hit the vans early in their route while the pig was fat. They got in and out fast. Seems like they knew what they're doing"

"And nothing on the van drivers?" Voight questions.

"No, all three are clean. Nothing to suggest it was an inside job"

"So, our best lead comes from these blowups taken from a nearby auto repair shop" Sam says, taping a couple pictures onto the board, "Now this? This is offender one. This guys got 300 dollar sneakers on. This is the one that beat down the driver. The driver said he was speaking english. He sounded like a local"

"Alright, boss, as far as I can tell, this is all about the opioids. But in this whole process, there were some other meds taken" Adam says.