𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ~cross over special~good men, chicago pd part 2

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
~cross over special~
good men, chicago pd part 2

The next day at firehouse 51 while in Boden's office with, Boden himself, Severide and Casey, Cruz shows a video he took of the firefighter responsible for giving away the lockbox key to Hank, Sam and Jay and says, "Last person I would've expected. The guy's solid"

"He's clearly handing his key off. He's probably not even participating in the burglaries himself. There's gotta be a reason he's doing this" Severide says.

"Key's still out there. I think Suggs is trying to get it back"

"Cruz, did you get a plate on this car?" Jay asks. Joe shakes his head and says, "No, sorry"

"Alright. I'll run make and model, have OEMC forward any calls of suspicious activity in the zone of the burglaries to us. We'll be in front of the next one"

"Good, get an emergency pinging order on Suggs' phone. Let's bring him in fast" Voight says and the couple nod their heads.

"Bye Kells" Sam says, "Bye Matt. Chief" then her and Jay leave the office.

"You're arresting a Chicago firefighter for using CFD property in a string of burglaries" Casey says.

"Yes, and I'd like to have that firefighter in cuffs before news travels through your department" Hank says.

"I spent time with Suggs and he's not some hardened criminal, he's a good guy. He just...he seemed in over his head" Cruz says.

"Joe, I hear you. Listen, as soon as we have him, I'll talk to him. Appreciate it, Joe" Voight says, before leaving the office.

As Voight leaves the station, Jay is on the phone saying, "Okay, roll there with Burgess, send me the ping, and then Sam and I will meet you guys there" as he and Sam walk to the truck.

"Hey, Jay! Sam! Hold up" Cruz says, running over to the couple, "I'm coming with you guys"

"No, we got it, man" Jay says.

"No, no, hey, hey, listen" Joe says, stopping both Jay and Sam from walking, "You guys have a suspect because of me. I got to talk to him. That's it. I-I just gotta be there"

"Joe, you know we can't do that" Sam says.

"Please, guys. He's one of ours" Cruz pleads. Jay and Sam look at each other, contemplating whether or not to let Joe go with them and Jay says, "Alright, listen to me, you stay where I or Sam tell you to stay"