Six ♥

"I. Hate. You."

Yeah, I just had to say that not aloud. I can't get the stupid scary images out of my head, thanks to him! Cody snickered and wrapped an arm around me, pulling me closer as we walked out of the theatre. "You know you could never, babe. Don't pretend, 'cause I know I'm irresistible."

I lowered my head and rolled my eyes so no one―not the paparazzi or Cody―could see my reaction before looking back up, as though trying to hide a smile at his ego. No way, no way, oh, trust me. No way.

So here's the deal―Cody literally, again, emphasizing on literally, dragged me to the cinema, with him, to watch Paranormal Activity 4, knowing I would be scared out of my wits even if the movie hasn't even been on for like, five minutes. Yes, we had our own private theatre back at the house, but no, Mr. Arsehole here decided to force me along with him, and everywhere he went.

However, I couldn't entirely blame him on this. I really don't know what's on his mind sometimes; I can't read minds so I obviously wouldn't know if he'd actually wanted to watch the movie alone, but had to pull me with him since our parents sternly told us to go everywhere together.

But then again, Cody's never that nice without a reason, oh.

And to be honest, to say I was confused would definitely be an understatement. This whole thing went like, zoooooooom with so many possibilities and everything, it just confuses me and hurts my head to the extent where I just, you know, wanna close my eyes and sleep to rest my mind.

As the bright, blinding lights continued flashing around us, we went on walking...until I stopped, suddenly feeling giddy. I promise I was steady for this minute, but the next I felt like falling on my knees, blacking out. It probably had to do with the sudden coruscating beams; my eyes haven't really  adjusted themselves properly from the darkness back in the cinema.

Well, I must've stumbled or did something, because the next thing I know, Cody was pressing me firmly against his warm self, trying to steady me. Dang, could he be even more warm and comfortable to be leant on? "Bree, you all right?"

Then there were more flashes that worsened the wooziness. I didn't feel too good. Plus, I definitely couldn't faint right here and worry my fans, I hate seeing them worried―a lot. Pushing myself slightly away from Cody as an attempt to get a hold of myself, I succeeded. For ten seconds, before I was back in his arms again.

"Bree, come on. I'll just carry you back to the cab," he offered, keeping his muscular arm around my waist, still standing in the middle of nowhere with the lights seeming to have gone a little more crazier than before. I was annoyed. But then again, that's an understatement because I was feeling way past that simple word annoyed.

What Cody had said kind of, well, warmed my heart. I mean, it's still good to know that he cared for me―whether it's just for the sake of publicity or whatever, or maybe deep down he doesn't even and had to pretend, it just touched me. Simple as that. Why? I don't even know, myself. Maybe it's the fact that I'm a girl and girls tend to get impressed easily―I don't know.

"Cody, let's just keep walking," honestly, I was expecting myself to sound strong enough, but what came out shocked me to the core. It was barely a whisper, and despite looking like this was an act, it wasn't. If I were to fall ill, my illness would be severe and thus, I don't fall sick easily. This is probably a temporary sickness. Must be.

Yes, I'm trying to make myself feel better because I didn't want to fall ill during the time I had here, back in Australia...with Cody.

Realizing Cody wasn't going to barge any time soon, I nudged him warningly, and weakly nonetheless, trying to get him to move. Failed. With one swift action, he scooped me up in his arms before beginning to walk again. I bet it was too fast and unexpected for the paparazzi to snap even a picture (okay, maybe a picture or two, but still!) which, only caused them to grow even more insane.