Eight ♥

This one's dedicated to all of you out there keeping up and are still reading this story, despite the slow updates. Thank you so much 

Okay, enough blabbering.

Enjoy! (:

------------------------------- 

"That was probably the best of the best!”

 “True that,” Cody winked, flopping down next to me on the bed. Thankfully, we’ve both agreed on never stepping into the master bedroom if we’re filthy. And smelly. Basically, just if we’re dirty. After we’d showered, and since it’s already evening and we’d eaten at Maccas before we returned home, I told Cody I wanted to rest for tomorrow’s event―one that not even I was aware of, but it’s the Australian Teen Choice Awards.

 Yeah, it’s held in Australia this time, and you know, sadly to say all my life as an Aussie myself I’ve never been to that event in Australia. Most of the time I’d go to the one in California. Ah. Tomorrow would be so cool.

“Oh, crap,” I muttered under my breath. Turning my head to look at Cody, I realized that he was asleep. So, being as gentle as I could, I gently pulled myself off the comfortable bed and snuck out of the room, quickly pulling my phone out to call Mom. What was I going to wear tomorrow? Geez! I’m freaking out, here!

“Hello?”

“Mom!” I yelled in a whisper, frantically trying to think of how I was going to line the sentence up. “What are we going to wear for tomorrow?!”

“Oh, sweetheart, calm down. Are you talking about you and Cody? Well, don’t worry, I have everything planned. Tomorrow morning someone would ring up the doorbell with your suites. It wouldn’t start until about five in the evening so don’t worry. And, a limo would be waiting outside your house to bring you to your destination, all right?” She sounded so calm and collected on the other line that it made me sound like the only panicking.

 But wait, I really am the one panicking. But I guess, there’s no point for that, now that I know how I’m going to get my dress.

“Okay, now that I know I’m much better. All right, bye Mom!” I cheerfully greeted, before hanging up. I’m trying to avoid all awkward questions she would want to shoot if I stayed there only a little while longer. Questions like what, you may ask? Questions like…

So do you like Cody yet?

So what do you think of Cody now?

So how do you like living with Cody?

So do you and Cody work well together now?

So what have you all done so far?

And the list of questions literally goes on until about a thousand of them.

 Slipping my phone back into my pocket, I drunkenly made my way into the room and laid myself down gently on the bed. Ah, great. All the energy I’d conserved had all gone to waste when I was busy panicking over something small.

 So good.

Not.

 Slowly losing my consciousness, I felt myself drift into a deep sleep the next second, and all of today was already past.

*

* * *

*

“No, Mom, she’s sleeping. Duh.”

 Whatever is moving really needs to stop moving.

 “How do I know? I’m living with her? Uh, Mom, you’re not that old, ya know?”