Part Nine: Stampede

After inserting Omega Aggressive into my helmet a few hours ago, I wake up on the branch and check to make sure I am still on the planet and not in some odd dream. I realize everything is real and turn into a debate. Should I get Omega Aggressive out of dormancy or just leave him in rest for a while? He always wanted to rest when I first got him, but now it's like he just wants to spend some time to get to know me. We don't socialize together but at times I can tell he just wants to see what made me like this. He feels driven by pain and anger. Which is odd because he is mostly part of me and I don't feed off of pain anger.

I slide down the tree to the bright, sun filled ground full of moss, grass, and ferns. The light makes this place look uplifting and inspiring. I walk to the campfire and look around for the others. They are all asleep around the fire except for Tex, whose laying against the rock wall, and Florida, who's up against a hollow log. I look to the position of the sun. It must be about 7:00 here... Damn, we're already behind and now I slept in! I walk up to Maine, who has his arms crossed and is laying on his side, and wake him up with a gentle shake. He quickly unfolds his arms and lifts his head. I place my index finger in front of my helmet where my mouth is, signaling him to remain quiet. He gets up and I wave for him to follow me. We walk behind a tree just outside the camp and then Sigma appears in between him and I. "Good morning Agent Berlin, how did you rest?" Sigma asks. "It was... Alright." I reply. The whole night I was up dealing with chest pains. It still confuses me, I have no clue on to why this is happening. "You sound unsure about yourself. Is everything okay sir?" Sigma asks for Maine. "No... You seen me in the locker room. You know what's going on." I respond hearing something on the other side of the tree. Whatever it is, it's trying not to be loud.

I walk to the other side of the tree and look around. Nothing is here? "Is everything alright sir?" Sigma asks. "Sorry. Thought I heard something." I reply. "But was nothing." "I managed to calculate the region your pain was generating from, it's deep inside your chest." he replies quieter than usual. "Thanks but I know where it's coming from, I just don't know what." I say looking to Sigma. "I fail to see how this concerns us." he replies. "No hard feelings but you don't exactly seem like the open mind type." "I'm not. You two are the only ones who know about it. The others can't find out. It's nothing personal but if you tell anyone... I'll rip out what's left of your throat." I answer. "We understand sir..." Maine takes in a deep breath trying not to get mad, "What are my orders?" Sigma says looking around. "It's been happening more and more frequently, if it happens in front of the other agents, don't do a single thing. Some of the others hold onto grudges very well, I do not wish to jeopardize your friendship and make your enemies. There will be plenty of time for that when we..." I stop talking. "What?" Sigma asks. "Nothing, forget I said anything." I reply trying to get past Maine to the others. "You're different." Maine tries to talk. "You should really let me speak from you." Sigma disagrees. "No, let him talk for himself, at least this once." I order. "Yes sir." Sigma disappears. "You're Different than us. The way you act, see, feel, fight... Not like us. Why?" he growls. I dodge the question and continue to walk away. Suddenly stopping, I completely shut out Omega Aggressive and then attempt to speak, "Ma..be one d..y I sh..r.." he looks at me and Sigma reappears in front of my face, his eyes narrowing and studying my helmet. I step through him and continue to walk, allowing Omega Aggressive back into his dormant state and back in my mind.

I wake the others by lightly kicking them, all except Tex. She is already awake and ready to continue our journey. She wasn't what I was hearing behind the tree... Was she? One by one I wake them up and watch them squirm and stretch. "What's for breakfast?" Washington asks. I look over at him and just stare. He looks around, "Never mind." "What are we supposed to do now?" North asks yawning. "West. Me need to head west and go deeper into the forest." I explain. "Now let's get moving your early bedtime last night made us lose four hours." "Wait. You were going to have us walk around in the pitch black darkness for four more hours?" North asks surprised. "I told you we had a schedule to keep. And besides, the darkness is our ally out here." I reply. "About that schedule, where exactly are we going?" Carolina asks as Tex moves behind her. "Classified." I answer walking into the forest. "Hold on." Tex grabs my arm. I stop and look back at her, she holds my arm tighter at the wrist. I look at her and command, "Let go officer." She continues to hold on. I turn so my body is completely facing her. "Answer her question." she replies. "Agent Texas... I would suggest you let go of me immediately." I calmly reply. My vision turns red again as I see her move her back in a weird way. She lets go but continues to watch me as I walk away and wave for them to follow me. My vision returns to normal and all feels well.