(Working on Different Part 8) Part Nine: Unknown Planet

"What are your feelings toward the other agents?" the Director asks. There isn't any use lying. "Sir, I dislike them... They are sloppy with their work. Even though they train to fight as a team, they fail to get along in the battlefield-" I get interrupted by the Director, "Are you referring to all of them or just one?" I pause and decide to continue without answering, he let's out a big sigh and wipes his face after removing the glasses, "That's what I was afraid of." he doesn't realize I can hear.

"They disrespect their commanding officers and move with as if they have no purpose... They have no idea what it's like to be in the field of a real battle. Instead they think the kind of war we fight is meaningful." I pause in reflect of what I just said and wait for the Director's response. "And what we do is not meaningful?" he asks. "Sir I didn't mean- you and I both know there is a greater war going on. The UNSC thinks you would do better fighting terrorists, so be it. But they will never see the things I've seen." I reply respectfully, "They spend so much time worrying about the roster they forget why they're here." I explain. "Why are we here?" he asks. "To defend humanity at all costs."

"You think that because you are a Spartan II that you are better than them?" the Counselor asks. You remind me of Mrs Marie. "Sir I didn't say that." I note. "You may not have had too." he comments. "I see... Counselor." the Director acknowledges. The Counselor faces the Director, "Yes." "Close all training and fight matches for the next week." he commands as the Counselor informs FLISS on his tablet. Then the Counselor leaves the room.

The Director changes the conversation, "How's OA doing Berlin?" "Good sir," I answer with the same dark voice Omega Aggressive uses, "Sir? I would like to make a request." "And what might that be?" he says a little surprised. "I would like to request at least a week to scout a planet at these coordinates, sir," I hand him a small flash drive, "It is a very important destination to me and I would very much like to visit it."

He stays quiet. Don't turn me down. At least think about it. "I will consider." he states. "If you where to just let me down there for a week, at least, I'm sure I can find what I need." I add. "If I let you go, the others will have to tag along with you." he replies. "But sir-" I get interrupted again, "Because you think they are not the soldiers, you could train them." he says slipping his glasses back on. "Could." I say shocking myself with a bit of attitude towards him. "Dismissed." he quickly orders. "Yes sir!" I say hitting my heels against another as I salute him. He doesn't salute back, just walks past me.

I walk towards my private quarters. My mind goes over the very first conversation with Omega Aggressive in my head. I start getting mad as I think of an AI helping me. My hands turn to fists. I don't even have him inside my head most of the time. The Director doesn't know it, but I can remove Omega Aggressive from my implant and carry him around. I best start putting him in my head when the Director is around though. I can only speak nonstop with his assistance. Plus the Director or Counselor might decide to call him out one of these days.

"Hey! Wait up." Agents New York and Washington come walking up behind me. "What were you doing with the Director? You spend an awful lot of time with him." Agent New York asks. "Going over some troubles." I answer, not wanting to spark a conversation. "Troubles? Can't you just go to us with that?" Agent Washington asks. I swallow uncomfortably, "You?" "Statistically, we are all equals when not in the field of battle." Delta says appearing on Agent New York's shoulder. The small green Spartan makes a soft glow of green.

I walk in silence while I think, Share my troubles... With them? Carter had to beg me to share things with him. "I thought you hated me... For almost killing Agent Connecticut and attacking you." I reply pointing to Agent Washington. "We put that behind us. Do you know how many times Carolina has beaten us for a place on the roster? It's how we do things around here. We understand... Listen, you've been here for almost a month and you just stick to yourself. Tex is even more social than you and she came just a few days before you did." Agent New York remarks.