Nightmares and Dreams

(This whole one-shot will be in third person POV! Also, during this time I have the college series going on, and this is not one of the books. Please check titles to keep reading the college series, for it will be updated soon! With that said, let's get on to the story!)

Nighttime

12-year-olds

McDuck manor was silent, not one duck making a sound. Some gentle snores came from young ducklings, with the occasional shifting around. Even though it was so quiet, inside their heads, all of them were dreaming. Ever wonder what they dreamed about? Well, let's go find out.

Huey's dream

The red duckling was never great at the whole imagination thing. So, his dreams were never too normal. Sometimes he had incredibly long legs, and other times... well, how about we just see for ourselves.

Huey ran through the jungle, his hair whipping against his face. Behind him raced a bunch of... things? They weren't normal creatures, that was for sure. Huey had a fear of the unknown, mostly because of the book he relied upon. So this wasn't a dream, but a nightmare. Some of the ducklings have more nightmares than dreams, and Huey is, unfortunately, one of them. 

"Leave me alone!" Huey yelled, his voice full of fear. The creatures only sped up at the sound of his fear, feeding off of it. Huey reached up to his, reaching under his hat. But nothing was there, and when he looked back at the monsters, they were holding it up. Slowly, they ripped the book, and tossed it off to the side, leaving the book behind. Huey's eyes widened, and he turned around, focusing on where he was going.

One of the monsters got closer and closer, till it jumped out and grabbed Huey's leg. Huey tripped and fell to the ground. The monsters surrounded him, all grinning devilishly. Huey looked around him, trying to see if anything could save him. His brain hadn't processed this was a nightmare yet so this felt real to him. Huey thought he could die.

But then Huey's eyes widened. He stood up rather shakingly and took a breath.

"I'm not scared of you. It doesn't matter what you are, I'm not going to let you scare me anymore. Come at me! Hurt me but you will never scare me!" He yelled at them, taking a step forward. The monsters froze, then took glances at each other. Then one took off; then another. Soon they were all running away from the red duckling. Huey's eyes widened, then he started grinning.

Back in the real world

Huey awoke, looking around his surroundings. Once he realized it had all been a nightmare, he laid back down, going back to sleep.

Below him, his younger brothers were dreaming. One was dreaming, while the other was having a nightmare. Let's go find out who was having what.

Dewey's dream

The blue duckling was dressed in a black suit with a blue tie. He looked in the mirror, smiling at his appearance. Then he fixed his hair for what had to be the thousandth time.

"Dewey!" Dewey jumped, turning around to see a female dressed in a gorgeous pink dress. "Come on, the crowd is waiting for us! What's the holdup?" The female was none other bu Webbigail Vanderquack. She walked up to Dewey, repositioning his tie.

"I don't know, what if they don't like me? They will definitely like you, but what about me?" Dewey looked back at the mirror, examining his hair. Webby grabbed his hand, turning him back around.

"Dewey, why would they hate you? Everything will be okay, I promise. And if it goes wrong, I'll buy you ice cream. But I won't be buying you ice cream." She smiled, letting go of Dewey's hand. Dewey shook his head, letting out a small laugh. Then he followed Webby out, not even looking to check his appearance.