College Series (#2)

(There is profanity in here, so be wary. Also, this will be focusing on Huey most of the time. Hope you enjoy!)

Huey's POV

Friday

"Louie?" I whispered into my dark bedroom. I had just gotten back from Duckburg's college and I expected Louie to be waiting by the door. Instead, it was just mom, and after what she told me, I'd expect Louie is hiding in here.

"Here," A hand peered out from underneath his green sheets. "welcome back." Louie sat up, revealing himself. I smiled at him, giving a little shake of my head.

"I'm glad you weren't too stubborn about the Dewey situation. " I said, sitting on his bed. Louie just groaned, rolling his eyes.

"Well, it's not like I had a choice. Plus," He gave a quick sigh. "that's not what's bothering me." I studied his expression, noting a hint of embarrassment.

"What? What happened in the short time I was gone?" I asked, folding my arms. 

"I don't know, it was really odd," Louie shrugged. "Webby and I were making bracelets, and she slapped my hand. I felt... a shock? Yea, a shock. But why did I feel it?" My eyes widened, and I looked Louie over again. Flushed expression, nervous body position, and he wouldn't meet my eyes. It all checks out!

"You like Webbigail," I stated, watching Louie. His eyes widened, and he looked over to me with frantic eyes.

"No! I can't! Dewey likes her!" Louie put a pillow over his head, his body rocking back and forth.

"I know, I know, but Dewey broke up with her. Maybe if you explain to him, he'll understand. He wants Webby to be happy, and if she is happy to be with you, he should understand." I said, putting my hand on Louie's shoulder. He pushed it off, shaking his head.

"No way, I can't. Dewey won't understand." Louie connected eyes with me. "And what if Webby doesn't even like me? Then I'll just look like a fool."

"So what? The Louie Duck I know and love doesn't fear messing up. You have got to take that chance. How about you ask Webby, then if she says yes, then tell Dewey. Then you won't look dumb if you ask Dewey and then Webby rejects you." I suggested. Louie paused before he started to slowly nod.

"Okay, I can do that. Please don't say anything to Webby or Dewey, not till I'm ready." Louie looked at me with pleading eyes. I nodded, giving him a reassuring smile. Hopefully, Louie wouldn't just push this off till it's too late... and hopefully if he tells Webby, he'll tell Dewey immediately. I trust Dewey would be forgiving and most likely be happy for them, but only if Louie told him immediately.

Sunday, 8:30 pm

"5 more days Llewelyn. If you haven't told her by then, I will force you by next weekend." I smiled at Louie, rubbing his hand. He batted my hand away, glaring at me.

"I'm so not going to miss you this time." Louie stuck his tongue out at me. I backed up in mock-hurt.

"I'm so hurt!" I grinned at Louie. "Seriously, tell her. Regret hurts more than rejection." I gave him a small wave, then closed the mansion door. I walked down the steps to the car, and got into the passenger side. Donald sat there, smiling at me. "What?" I asked while tossing my red duffel into the back seat.

"Nothing. Just surprised you guys are all grown up." Donald turned the car onto the road and we went down the road. I gave a small laugh, then turned my attention to the outside. As we entered Duckburg, ducks, hawks, hummingbirds, eagles, egrets, beagles, and all other types of people walked around, laughing or looking at their phones. Most had Waddle phones and were playing with the technology as if their life depended on it. Then as went through the town, the buildings got older and dirtier, with the number of beagles increasing at a rapid pace.