Mother's Day

(This is going to be short because I decided to do this very late. But I hope you guys enjoy and make sure to hug your mothers super tight today!)

Della's POV

I woke up early, the sun barely peeking out from the horizon. I sat up, looking out the window at the other side of my room. I was still getting used to waking up in this room, I was used to either being in my old room, now the boy's room, or the rocket ship. At least now I had an actual sleep schedule instead of guessing what time of the day it was.

I changed into my regular clothes, pulling my blue scarf around my shoulders. Now that my hair was short again, I could actually control it.

When I walked out of my room, it was... quiet. Too quiet. Even after only being here for a couple of months, I knew that quiet wasn't the norm. I walked down the hallways, my suspicions rising when I peeked into Scrooge's room and there was no one there. I headed towards the kitchen, noting that Webby's room was also empty.

I gasped when I entered the kitchen. Pots and pans laid on the ground. Some were broken while others laid there. I glanced around, then I saw it. A piece of Louie's hoodie laid on the ground, right next to a broken window. Next to it laid Huey's junior woodchuck guidebook. No way would Huey leave this behind, and Louie loves his hoodies to death. This wasn't some game, someone had taken them.

I heard some movement from the panty and I spun around, getting in my fighting position. Then I grabbed one of the pots nearby and slowly approached the door. I took a deep breath, then opened it, putting the pot in front of me.

I opened my eyes again, slowly. In front of me was Dewey, his eyes wide. He was shivering, trying to protect himself but he couldn't. His beak was shut with a towel and he was tied in rope.

"Dewey, honey!" I threw my pot to the side and quickly started unwrapping the towel around his beak. Once I got that off, I started to untie him. "What happened? Where are your brothers?" Dewey took a couple of breaths.

"I don't know, we were all in the kitchen making breakfast for you, then someone broke threw the window. Scrooge is out at the bin and Beakley and Webby went off to celebrate on their own so no was here to help us. I couldn't even see their faces in time, they just tied me up and threw me in here. Did they take Huey and Louie?" Dewey tried to stand up, wincing a little.

"Looks like it, I found Huey's JWG on the ground and some of Louie's hoodie. They must've put up a good fight. How did I not hear any of this?" I held out my hand. Dewey took it, putting some of his weight on me to stand up. I led him out, surveying the area again. Dewey let go of my hand and went to pick up Huey's JWG.

"Do you think they are okay?" Dewey turned to face me. I could see tears forming in his eyes. It hurt to see your son cry, but I had to stay strong for him.

"Of course honey, they are strong. Well," I stared at the broken window. "looks like we got to find them on our own. You up for this?" Dewey looked uncertainly at the window. Then he closed his eyes, nodding.

"Yeah, I have an idea. Come on!" Dewey raced past me, back into the main entrance. I followed him. We ran down the halls before arriving at the garage. Dewey opened the door, holding it open for me.

I walked in, shocked at how cleaned up it was. Ever since Scrooge had moved most of his treasures and finds to the museum, it was much cleaner. Yet, this was new. There were lots of pictures of... me? They didn't look like just pictures though, they looked like... paintings.

"Dewey, what's this?" I pointed at a painting that was very familiar. It was of me, Scrooge, and Donald standing in front of the eggs... the photo we had taken a couple of weeks before they hatched.