Chapter #6

Jiwon constantly looked back and forth from her watch to the window to see if Jungkook has arrived yet. It's been 10 minutes past 4 pm and no sign of him. While Jiwon was thinking that maybe Jungkook bailed on her, Ms. Lee walked up to her and sat next to her, caressing her shoulder.

"Don't worry, sweetie. It's only been 10 minutes; he'll come." Ms. Lee said as Jiwon gave her a smile and nodded her head. Jiwon was starting to stress out if Jungkook bailed on her, but little did she know that he was also in a stressful position.

"I don't think that's a good idea, mom. This is more of a catching up hang out since we haven't seen each other in months." Jungkook said.

Before Mrs. Jeon could argue back, Soojin interrupted before the conversation could turn into something ugly.

"It's okay, Mrs. Jeon. I don't want Jungkook to feel suffocated." Soojin said making Mrs. Jeon sigh in defeat and nodded her head.

"Fine, but don't come back home late." Mrs. Jeon said as Jungkook nodded his head and went to his mother, giving her a hug. Jungkook then looked at Soojin and mouthed "thank you" making Soojin smile and nod in understandment.

"I'll get going now." Jungkook said while breaking the hug and walking out of the house.

It's been 15 minutes and yet Jiwon doesn't see any signs of Jungkook coming. Ms. Lee was leaning against the kitchen wall watching her daughter sigh and giving up waiting for him. Jiwon stood up from the couch and was about to walk upstairs but halted when they heard the doorbell ring. Ms. Lee quickly ran and open up the door only to see a handsome man.

"I'm here to pick up Jiwon." Jungkook said as Ms. Lee nodded with a smile. Ms. Lee called after Jiwon as she came from behind her mother.

"I'm sorry for being late. I was being held back for personal issues." Jungkook said.

"It's fine. I'm just glad that you're here." Jiwon said with a smile. Jiwon then gave her mother a hug and went with Jungkook as Ms. Lee closed the door with a smile on her face.

Jungkook and Jiwon were walking up to the restaurant and came to the front counter.

"Hi, I made reservations under Jeon Jungkook." Jungkook said as the first counter lady nodded her head and lead them to their table.

"Here you go and enjoy your dinner." The lady said as Jungkook and Jiwon sat down and looked at the menu. Once Jiwon saw the name of the restaurant her eyes widen.

"Pierre Gagnaire!" Jiwon said with her eyes wide as Jungkook chuckled. She then looked up at him.

"I heard that this restaurant is really expensive. Why didn't you just take me to a regular restaurant?" Jiwon asked as Jungkook still kept a smile.

"It doesn't matter because either way, I'm still paying." Jungkook said as Jiwon looks back down at the menu with guilt; Jungkook sensed her sudden change in behavior.

"Hey, don't worry about it. Just order whatever you want to eat, it's on me." Jungkook said with a soft smile making Jiwon nod in assurance.

While Jungkook and Jiwon were having dinner and getting to know each other, Soojin was back home and in her room looking through the pages of wedding dresses. As she was being preoccupied, she didn't sense her mother coming in. She only sensed her mother when Mrs. Seo sat down next to her.

Mrs. Seo sensed her daughter not too happy looking through the pages of wedding dresses as she gently took it away from her.

"What's wrong?" Mrs. Seo asked as Soojin sigh and looked down at her hands.

"I don't know what's wrong with me. I feel like this wedding is unnecessary." Soojin said making Mrs. Seo frown.

"What are you talking about?" Mrs. Seo asked as Soojin looked up at her.

"I feel like Jungkook only proposed because of the tradition not because he loves me." Soojin said. Mrs. Seo then moved closer to her and wrapped her arms around her, comforting her.

"Maybe you're just thinking too much and most importantly you don't know 100% sure if Jungkook really proposed to you just for the tradition. Maybe he proposed because he actually loves you." Mrs. Seo tried to convince Soojin.

"But what if he proposed because of the tradition and he's not willingly committed to me." Soojin said.

"If he proposed to you because of that reason, he would've talkin to me and your dad personally." Mrs. Seo said making Soojin sigh.

"Just don't worry too much okay." Mrs. Seo said as Soojin nodded her head as she leaned to mother to get more comfort.

It was around 7 in the afternoon as Jungkook walked with Jiwon to the front door of her house. Jiwon turned around to say goodbye.

"Thank you for taking me out for dinner and for paying." Jiwon said as Jungkook lightly chuckled and nodded.

"No worries. I was the one that asked you so it's right for me to pay. It would've been rude of me to ask you out for dinner and let you pay." Jungkook joked making Jiwon laugh.

There's something about her laugh that makes Jungkook wanting to hear more of it, but he shrugged it off thinking that it was only a natural feeling that everyone gets.

"It's getting late. You should head inside." Jungkook softly said as Jiwon nodded.

Jiwon opened the door and was about to close it but stopped and looked at Jungkook.

"Have a good night." Jiwon said making Jungkook smile widen.

"You too." Jungkook said as Jiwon nodded and closed the door. Right after when the door closed, Jungkook walked back to his car with a wide smile not knowing it.

Jungkook puts in his car keys and turned it but the engine wouldn't start. No matter how many times he tried to start the engine it wouldn't. He then sighed and came out of the car and opened the hood to check the problem.

After plenty of times checking, he couldn't see any problem. He went back inside the car and tried to start the engine one more time but once again it wouldn't. He frowns in confusion as he gently hit the car steering wheel.

After putting into much thinking, he grabbed his car keys and locked the car and walked back to the front door of her house and ring the bell. The door opened up with Jiwon changed into her sleeping wear as Jungkook chuckled nervously.

"My car wouldn't start and I was hoping I could stay overnight and check my car one more time tomorrow morning." Jungkook nervously said.

"Uh, yeah. Sure." Jiwon gently said as she lets him in and closes the door.

To Be Continued

January 8, 2020