Chapter #14

Once everyone was gone and settled down, Jiwon angrily slumped down onto the couch as Ms. Lee and Aisha sat next to her.

"The audacity of her to break into my house and slap me. I don't care who she is or how rich her family is, what she did was wrong and it disgusts me." Jiwon angrily spilled out her inner emotions as both Ms. Lee and Aisha tried to calm her down.

Jimin came walking in after he was sure that Jungkook and the other guy went home as he made his way in front of Jiwon and sat on a single chair.

"They're gone now. I made sure they went home." Jimin said as Jiwon nodded her head.

Ms. Lee stood up and walked into the kitchen to bring some daily relief cream to apply on the redness of Jiwon's cheek. While Ms. Lee gently applied the cream, Aisha left out a huge sigh.

"You're not just going to let her get away with that, are you?" Aisha asked.

"You know me, Aisha. I don't just let anyone slap me for free or let anyone hurt me in general if I didn't do anything wrong. But since maybe she did it out of anger without thinking, I will let her off this one chance." Jiwon said, making Aisha nod her head in agreement.

When Ms. Lee was done applying the cream, Jiwon thanked her mother as the four of them tried to forget what happened earlier and try to make the rest of their day better.

Once Ryujin parked her car in the driveway of Soojin's house, Soojin quickly rushed out of the car and ran inside the house and to her room without giving anyone a glance. Before Mr. and Mrs. Seo could ask her what's wrong, they had a puzzled look as they turned around only to see Ryujin.

"Ryujin? What happened to Soojin? Why is she in this state?" Mrs. Seo asked as Ryujin hesitated to speak.

"I think maybe you guys should go talk to her." Ryujin only stated that as she bowed down and left after Mr. and Mrs. Seo did the same. When Ryujin walked out of the house, Mr. and Mrs. Seo quickly walked upstairs to Soojin's room.

"Soojin? Sweetheart, are you okay?" Mrs. Seo asked as both of them made their way to her only to see her laid on her bed with her back facing them, crying into her pillow. Mr. Seo sat on the edge of the bed as Mrs. Seo sat next to Soojin and gently caressed her back.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" Mrs. Seo softly asked.

"Mom ... I did something bad." Soojin said while lifting her head up and locked eyes with her mother. Both Mr. and Mrs. Seo had a frown on their faces and kept quiet for her to continue.

"I found the woman who Jungkook supposedly fell in love with and slapped her." Soojin confessed, making both of her parents' eyes widen.

"You did what?" Mr. Seo softly asked not believing any of her words.

"I broke into her house and slapped her." Soojin said while tears continue to stream down her cheeks.

"I didn't mean to. I let my emotions take control and in a blink of an eye, I slapped her." Soojin said as Mr. Seo let out a sigh as Mrs. Seo continued to caress her back.

"This isn't me, mom. I'm not the type of person to start violence. I'm not the type of person to slap someone. I don't know what came over me." Soojin said as Mrs. Seo pulled her into a hug.

"It's okay, sweetie. Everyone makes mistakes." Mrs. Seo said while trying to comfort her.

"I don't want to be the bad guy, mom. I don't want to lose him because of my stupidity." Soojin said through her cries as Mrs. Seo didn't know what to say.

Mr. Seo didn't know what to do but to watch his daughter break in front of him.

Mr. and Mrs. Seo walked downstairs from Soojin's room to the living room, after calming her down and giving her some space.

"Do you think the woman that Soojin found and slapped is involved in Jungkook's decision to pause the wedding preparations?" Mrs. Seo asked.

"If Soojin was to go far as to slap her then she has to be. The only thing that confuses me is whether Jungkook's parents know all of this." Mr. Seo said while trying to figure everything out.

"If they knew they would've told us. They wouldn't have kept it from us." Mrs. Seo said.

"Instead of jumping into conclusion, I think the right thing is to go and ask them ourselves." Mr. Seo said as Mrs. Seo nodded her head.

"Is something wrong? You guys look more serious than ever." Mr. Jeon asked as they all sat in front of each other on the couch.

"Today, Soojin came running to her room crying her eyes out and we figured out that it involves Jungkook with another woman." Mr. Seo said as both Mr. and Mrs. Jeon's eyes widened.

"Soojin told us that Jungkook paused the wedding because he got himself involved with another woman and we would like to know if you guys knew about it." Mr. Seo calmly asked. It took a couple of seconds before Mr. and Mrs. Jeon nodded their heads. Once they got their answer, Mr. and Mrs. Seo sighs as they exchange stares.

"We didn't want to tell you because we didn't want Soojin to find out who that woman was. We didn't want her or the two of you to stress out about it." Mrs. Jeon said.

"So the other day you two came to us and told us to pause the wedding cause Jungkook doesn't know what he wants is basically meaning that he doesn't know who to choose either between my daughter and someone else." Mr. Seo said as Mr. and Mrs. Jeon nodded their heads.

"Please don't blame Jungkook for this. If we were to be more careful and ask him what he wants before proposing to Soojin then this wouldn't have happened." Mr. Jeon said.

"We don't blame him nor be angry at him. We just needed to know everything so we can fix this situation together." Mrs. Seo said as Mr. and Mrs. Jeon sighs in relief.

"So? What are we going to do about this situation?" Mr. Seo asked.

"I think for now, we need to find out who that woman is and ask her how she really feels for our son and ask her what she wants." Mr. Jeon said.

"We're already one step ahead of that plan." Mr. Seo said, making Mr. and Mrs. Jeon frown in confusion.

THE NEXT DAY

Jungkook was getting ready to leave the apartment but before he could go, Taehyung flicked the switch on as Jungkook flinched and placed his hand on his chest trying to steady his breathing.

"Where do you think you're going?" Taehyung asked with an attitude as Jungkook tried to pull it off with a calm face.

"I'm going out to get some fresh air." Jungkook said as Taehyung scoffed.

"So you're not going out to see her?" Taehyung asked as Jungkook averts his eyes somewhere else. Taehyung sighs as he walks closer to him.

"Jungkook, I thought I told you to stay away from her and from Soojin until you figure out what you want or need to do." Taehyung said.

"I know but this time it'll be different. I won't go near her or talk to her. I just need to see her and see how she's doing. That's it, I'm not asking for more." Jungkook said as Taehyung crossed his arm across his chest.

"Are you really that head over heels for her? She literally has you wrapped around her little finger, Jungkook." Taehyung said.

"One day when you find love and found the one for you, you would understand what I'm feeling." Jungkook said before walking out of the apartment.

"If only you knew." Taehyung whispers to himself as he lets Jungkook go do whatever he wants. 

To Be Continued

March 28, 2020