I Think I Like You ~ JeriPunk

(CM Punk/Chris Jericho)

Ah, yeah. Had fun with this. Even if it was a little weird for me writing outside of 'kayfabe'/characters/whatever. Which I didn't actually have to do but I... did anyway... ahem. This was also written in class. Inspo: Getting lost while drunk.

It's 3:02 AM, and as usual, Phil can't sleep. Not on his back, not on his side, not on top of the sheet, not coiled into a blanket burrito. When he looked over to see the glowing red 3:48 AM staring back at him, he decided on just getting up. Now in his kitchen, he looked to his phone for entertainment as a mug of milk warmed in the microwave. His twitter feed had blown up since the last time he checked it, sometime earlier that day. Or the day before. He wasn't quite sure.

Shit, WWE's in town. That's why. He had a weird feeling in his stomach now, even if it wouldn't have been there had he not known at all. He exited Twitter, and his thumb hovered over his contact list. Just as he almost broke; almost opened it, the microwave went off.

Phil found himself staring apprehensively at the bright screen of his phone as he stood on his balcony, coffee in hand. Sighing, he opened it.

Are you in town?

He immediately freaked out upon hitting send. It was 4 in the morning, what was he thinking? Especially after having not spoken to Chris in a while. Before he got to type out any half-assed excuse like "Sorry, wrong person", he received a response.

ashalfsbcaiej.lk.

He knew the perplexity shown on his face as he stared down at his phone, looking like an old man trying to operate it for the first time. He responded quickly, having to know if he was okay. Even faster than the first time, Chris answered.

Call.

A red flag went up in Phil's mind. Was Chris okay? Was he just ribbing him? The only way to find out was to call him like he requested.

"What's wrong?" Phil asked as soon as Chris answered.

"Punk, my man! Nothing's wrong, nothing's wrong at all! In fact, nothing's right. I mean everything..." Chris trailed off, giggling wildly. "I meant everything's right... hah."

"Oh God," Phil whispered before he could stop himself. "You're drunk?"

"Was that a question, or..."

"Statement, man." Phil shook his head, laughing slightly. "Why'd you want me to call?"

"Oh, I don't remember anymore." There was a pause, and Phil let the silence roll as Chris was doing what he hoped was thinking. "You know that situation, where... you live here, and I don't?"

"Um... yeah, sure." Phil was really trying to fight his snickers, but he couldn't stop them all. Good thing Chris was so out of it that he probably didn't register the incessant giggling coming from the other line.

"What I'm trying to say is that I don't know where I am."

Phil stopped laughing. "Can you describe your surroundings?" He picked up his keys and shoved them into the side pocket of his pajama pants as he headed out to his car.

~~~

Phil found Chris sitting on the sidewalk about a half of a mile from the bar he started his night at. He was in the middle of nowhere and it had taken many obscure side-roads before Phil found him. How and why Chris decided to walk all the way out there, drunk out of his mind, was a mystery to Phil. "How, dare I ask, did you end up all the way out here?"

"I was looking for you," Chris giggled as he sidled into the passenger seat, his ripped rock star-styled jeans tightening over his thighs as he moved. Phil glanced away quickly.