It's Not You - Natalya/Sami Zayn

Did I just write a Harlequin? I think I just wrote a Harlequin. Sorry. This sappy shit has 'COMING SOON TO A GROCERY STORE NEAR YOU' written all over it and for that I apologize. Btw I'm not really sure what to call this ship; Satalya, maybe? Or Natalayn. Fun fact: This shot was originally supposed to be a genderswap AU.

"Are you ready for your match, sweetie?" Natalya asked as she rounded the corner to find her husband already waiting for her at the Gorilla. Nattie herself had just made a special appearance in the ring, competing in a lengthy battle against the NXT Women's champion, Charlotte. Her body was sore, and all she wanted to do was go back home and rest, but not without supporting her husband first. Tyson would be having a match against the likable, all-around cool person in Sami Zayn. Being one of the most well-liked Superstars here at NXT, Sami would undoubtedly be the favorite to win amongst the audience, but Nattie would make sure that Tyson would receive some support, even if she was the only one giving it.

"Yeah," Tyson shrugged, his mouth tight and stern as he stretched in preparation for his match. Nattie left it at that, knowing how much he preferred silence. The silence wouldn't last, though, as Sami jogged up, grin on his face.

"Hey Tyson, Natalya." Sami greeted, all happy and bouncy as if the guy he dared to be within 10 feet of wasn't his opponent for the night. While Tyson refused to respond, Nattie nodded, and Sami accepted that over nothing. Luckily for the three, Sami's theme music playing broke the awkward tension. "Guess I'm up first!" Sami smiled, prancing out through the curtain. Tyson rolled her eyes.

"Ugh, like you didn't know that," Tyson mumbled, a scowl on his face. Nattie didn't even realize he expected a response to that until she looked up after a few seconds had passed to find him staring at her.

"Well," Nattie rubbed her neck, eyes drifting away awkwardly for a moment. "First music to play usually isn't the last to, so, there's that..."

Tyson tilted his head, scowl growing deeper. "What is that supposed to mean?"

Biting her lip, Nattie focused on not sighing. This is how it usually was before matches nowadays; Tyson expecting support, and not accepting any. "I just meant... I know you're gonna win. You've been training a lot lately and I really do believe in you, Ty."

For a second, Nattie thought the blank expression of Tyson's face meant she was finally getting through to him. Sadly, though, the first ripple of emotion to show across her husband's features was a roll of the eyes; an act she was growing way too used to seeing from him. "I don't need your forced optimism right now, Natalya."

Allowing one small sigh to escape, Natalya folded her arms as she followed Tyson out, not even noticing when his music began to play and just following him. Immediately, the "Nattie's husband" chants began, much to the chagrin of Nattie who tried to ignore how tense Tyson's face had become. It's not like she told the people what to cheer.

The match went as Nattie secretly thought it would; Tyson responding horribly to the chants of the NXT universe and Sami just trying to do his job despite the stubborn lack of cooperation on the part of Tyson, who seemed to just want to flip off the crowd that paid to see this show. During one of these segments of cursing after the fans, Tyson used this as a distraction to get the better of Sami, after almost 2 minutes of Tyson brushing off his own opponent in the middle of his own match to yell at people who were only having fun. Even if it was at his expense.

Minutes pass, and the momentum has shifted once again. Sami got the upper hand, the crowd roared and for some reason Natties stomach was in knots. She could tell herself she was nervous for Tyson all she wanted, deep down she knew it was all Sami's fault for the way she felt. The way Sami always smiled, always found a reason to be happy. It was no surprise that Sami got along with almost everyone he encountered. Except Tyson, of course. Nattie could almost count herself, considering whoever Tyson hated, she was apparently supposed to hate as well. But how could Sami hate someone so... adorable? Nattie spent so much time thinking about Sami that she didn't even notice when he got knocked to the mat until Tyson was making his way up to the top rope. Before he could stop herself, Nattie found herself jumping onto the mat, gripping the ropes.