CHAPTER EIGHT

As the ginger and I wait around in the parking lot for El and the others to return, Max finally gives in, talking into the walkie, "Mike, are you there?"

"Yeah!" Mike says from the other side.

"Where are you guys?" I ask, leaning my head over Max's shoulder, taking my bun out of my hair as she presses the button to talk.

"I'm coming. Just...hold on a second." Mike practically yells into the walkie talkie.

Max sighs, picking up the binoculars and bringing them to her eyes, facing them to Billy, "God, I hope it's not him."

"Me too, Max. Me too." I bite the inside of my cheek, placing a hand on her shoulder.

|

As we all get into our places, the water of the shower stops. Billy had turned off the shower. It was go time.

Billy's steps thump against the ground until a locker creaks open, the only sound in the quiet room.

I watch through a small window in a door as Billy slips on his clothes. I hold my breath.

One of the kids-who were out of sight- slammed a locker shut and Billy mutters, "Pool's closed."

Again, but this time it was slow and quiet, "Hey." He slams his locker shut, "Do you hear me?"

Billy's feet slapping against the wet floor was the only sound that was heard as he rammed into the door he thought was going push open, but Max had locked it earlier before

"Billy." Mikes voice taunts.

"Who's there?" Billy croaks.

"Billy." Mike's voice taunts again.

Mike begins to softly bang on the lockers, along with Will, as Billy shouted, "Who's there?" In the same sing-songy voice Mike has used moments before.

"Billy!" Mike's voice eerily floats through the air.

"Who's there!" You could tell Billy was beginning to get frustrated, "You think this is funny, huh?"

"Billy, come and find me."

I slip out of the door, waiting for Billy to make it over so I could go through it. And that's exactly what happened, I vamp-sped through the door right as Billy approached.

And he followed, "I find you, it is your funeral."

"Come and get me." El motions for me to join her behind a set of lockers, "Come on!"

"Got you." Billy mutters, staring intensely at the dummy in the sauna. I'm glad that wasn't a real person, because who knows what he would have done.

Mike's voice echoed in the room as Billy laughed like a little kid on Christmas, clapping his hands. It was terrifying. He swung open the door, his face dropping to a confused frown when he saw the dummy, a walkie-talkie duck-taped around its waist.