CHAPTER SIXTEEN

"It sounds much better now, thanks

"It sounds much better now, thanks." Dustin's voice comes through the radio device.

"Suzie." Steve, Robin, and I chorus.

"Okay, so listen. Do you know Planck's constant?" Dustin asks his girlfriend.

"Do you know the Earth orbits the sun?" The female voice bubbles.

I cringe at the girls words as Dustin and Suzie continue to converse. Dustin asks the girl for the rest of Planck's constant, since he only knew the first two numbers.

"Okay, so let me just be clear on this. I haven't heard from you in a week, and now you want a mathematical equation that you should know so you can...save the world?" Suzie asks in disbelief.

"Suzie-poo, I promise, I will make it up to you as soon as possible." Dustin sighs.

"You can make it up to me now." Suzie responds.

"What?" Dustin questions.

"I want to hear it." Suzie demands.

I had about enough of this, so I grabbed the walkie-talkie from under me, pressing the button so I could shout into it when Steve rips it out of my hand, continuing to listen.

"...saving the world. I heard you the first time, but Ged is also saving Earthsea and he's about to confront the shadow, so this is Suzie, signing off." Suzie says, annoyed.

"Wait, wait, wait! Okay. Okay, okay." Dustin yells before clearing his throat, "Turn around. Look at what you see, in her face, the mirror of your dreams."

"No." I shout, blocking my ears, "No! Turn that shit off."

Steve shrugs as the harmonizing continues.

After the duet of 'Never Ending Story' was over, Suzie gives her end of the deal, "Planck's constant is 6.62607004."

"You just saved the world." Dustin exclaims.

I take back the walkie-talkie, pressing the button and shouting, "I am getting chased by a damn monster, and you guys are here singing your lungs out, I am so done. So. Done."

Before I could say more, Steve takes the device back, sighing.

"Who was that?" Suzie immediately queries.

"That was-um, well-that was my cousin." Dustin says quietly, "She's just a little tired, is all."

Suzie sighs, "Gosh, I miss you Dusty-bun."

"And I miss you more, Suzie-poo." Dustin giggles.

"I miss you more, multiplied by all the stars in are galaxy." Suzie expresses.