CHAPTER NINE

A/N: AHH THANK YOU FOR 1K READS!

I sat on the floor of the Wheeler's basement, leaning my head against one of the chairs as El sat on the couch, the blindfold wrapped around her head as she tried to find out where Hopper was.

"I found him." El softly announces to the group.

"Where is he?" Max asks.

"Woods." She answers.

"Woods?" Will questions.

"He's with...Will's mom." She informs.

"My-my mom?" Will asks, everyone furrowing their eyebrows in confusion.

"What are they doing?" Max asks.

"Ill-annoy." El answers, "Their going to Ill-annoy."

"Mike! Breakfast!" Mrs. Wheeler shouts from upstairs.

"Not now, mom!" Mike screams, "Illinois?"

"Like the state, Illinois?" I cut in.

"I-Ill-annoy." El shrugs.

|

Max and El venture into the bathroom as I stay on the floor, Mike jumping up from his spot, "Something's not right. I can't get Hopper off my back all summer, now all of a sudden, he's hiking with Will's mom to Illinois? And Dustin's MIA, too. I mean, this can't be a coincidence."

"Well, Dustin did say something about him and Steve looking for 'evil russians'. I guess they had it on tape or something, he's probably just to busy with that." I explain from my spot on the floor as Mike continues to pace around.

"What does it matter?" Lucas sighs, annoyed, "The bottom line is, they're not here. It's up to us."

"It's up to us to do what, exactly?" Mike asks.

"Find Billy and stop him." Lucas answers.

"Okay, yeah, that's a really nice sentiment, but even if El could find him again-and that's a pretty big if-,then what?" Mike waves his arms around.

"We burn the shit out of him and make sure he doesn't escape this time." Lucas says.

"Okay, then what?"

"Then, we win."

"No, see, that's the problem." Mike argues, "We don't. We don't win. We got the Mind Flayer out of Will before and he just came right back. We don't just have to stop Billy, we have to stop the Mind Flayer."

"How in the hell are we supposed to do that?" Lucas asks.

"I don't know." Mike answers.

"Can't we just burn the stupid thing out of my boyfriend, wait 'till it sticks to someone else, and then kill the bitch?" I suggest.