CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Nancy throws a rock into the glass doors of 'Bradley's Big Guy' and we all step through it, making our way to the health section

Nancy grabs rubbing alcohol, and band-aids, ordering Max and Mike to set Eleven on the floor of the store.

Nancy gently lifts up El's pant leg, to show a gnarly, bloody, gash.

"Oh, shit." Max curses.

Nancy takes out the bandages, but Max stops her, "Wh-wha-hey, what are you doing?"

"I'm cleaning the wound." Nancy answers, dumbfounded.

"No, first, we need to stop the bleeding, then clean, then disinfect, then bandage." Max explains.

Nancy's eyes widen in shock, as does mine at the information Max knew. She looks between us, sighing, "I skateboard. Trust me. Mike, hold this."

Mike puts his hand on the bandage that was over the wound, and El lets out a grunt.

"Keep the pressure on it, nice and firm, okay?" Max orders, and Mike nods, "We're gonna need water, soap."

Jonathan and Nancy quickly stand up, hurrying away to get the products Max needed, as Lucas dumps out his entire backpack.

"Does any of this help?" He asks, making Max furrow her eyebrows.

"No. Go get me a washcloth and a bowl." Max orders.

"A bowl?" Lucas questions.

"Lucas." Max says sharply.

Will hits him with his hand, "Go."

"O-okay." Lucas stammers as he walks away with Will.

"And Em." Max turns to me, "Go get something to wash up your face."

"Okay." I nod, and she smiles.

|

I was in the bathroom of the small store, looking into the tiny mirror as I softly dabbed my cuts with a wet cloth.

It wasn't that hygienic of me, but I just wanted to at least get the blood off.

I had finished cleaning my nose, and I was moving onto my forehead, when Nancy burst through the door.

"Mike heard Dustin on his radio-thing."

"What?" I drop the bloody cloth, and it falls into the sink.

"Mike, he heard Dustin. Come. Come now." Nancy supports me as we almost run to the frozen section, where Max and Lucas were opening up freezers, Mike was sat down next to Eleven on the floor, and Will was walking over also, a bandanna in his hand.

Will hands El the bandanna and she ties it around her eyes, everyone taking a step back. Mike sits next to me, watching the girl he loves.

Red liquid trickles from her nose, which means she's started looking.