One Step Closer

NATALIA'S POV

'Work hard for excellence,not for success'.With the upcoming event in my school I was drowned with many responsibilities.With my little success of inviting the billionaire investor I was suddenly popular amongst my fellow colleagues and admin.My school principal made me the host for the event.I was very excited yet nervous on being given such a huge responsibility.

I had to focus on the minutest detail.From students various performances to speech, everything has to be perfect.
Mr.Lawson asked me to address Mr.martin on stage and to present him the bouquet.That got my attention,I felt very nervous in front of Etienne.His gaze makes me hot, not in the uncomfortable way but in a different way I can't even fathom.

On the day of the function,my nerves were all around.Zita was doing my hairdo and makeup.I wore a yellow floor length dress and paired with a silver strappy heels.Zita put on minimal makeup on me as I am a teacher not a pub dancer..she said in a decisive tone.
"Don't worry sweety,you are gonna rock.So what if hot piece of ass will be there analysing your every move."She teased.
"You are not helping."I grumbled.
"Oh c'mon doofus we all know you are going to nail it."
"Yes ofcourse."Chimed my mother coming inside the room with my brother.
She squeezed my hands in a supporting manner.My brother brought Mark's Dslr and said:
"Cheesy Cheesy Sisso."
I grinned at him.I really love my family.I can do anything for them.

I reached school just in time and resumed with the last minute work.I practised my speech and remained backstage.I did not want to falter.Finally the curtain was raised. I entered the stage and very confidently delivered my speech.Since the spotlight was on me I couldn't see anyone.Thank God for small mercies.
Finally it was time to call Etienne."I extend a warm welcome to all of you.
I would now request our honourable chief guest Mr.Etienne Martin to please come on stage and enlighten the event with his auspicious presence."
When Etienne stepped into the stage,the words got caught in my throat.He was looking devilishly handsome.Wearing a black suit with crisp white shirt and green tie matching his jade green eyes he was a sight for sore eyes.He cleared his throat and whispered
"Cat got your tongue Ms.Taylor."Did he flirt with me?I blushed and immediately pulled myself out of trance and presented him the bouquet.Bullshit!
Why the hell a billionaire bachelor flirt with a nobody like me?Isn't the leggy blonde enough for him?

"Thank you Ms Taylor and thank you to Chicago Public School for inviting me.Its a priviledge to be a part of this prestigious Institution."He said in his deep voice.I zoned out and couldn't concentrate on what he was saying next.Suddenly he said "Ms.Taylor "and I again realised that I was staring at his lips and not his words.
"You finished staring Natalia.Take a picture it will last longer."He whispered only for my ears.Wow he was totally flirting with me.I flushed.Damn him.
I was only able to concentrate when he left the stage.Thank the Lord as the rest of the event went smoothly..

ETIENNE'S POV

I was very excited for today.I am going to meet my angel.I have already made my next move.I took extra time in getting ready.It was show time.I was eager to see her yet I wanted to build the anticipation.But I noticed she was nowhere to be found.Is she not coming to the event?Is she unwell?Damn where the hell is she?I sat beside the Principal Mr.Lawson.Finally the curtain raised and there I saw a vision in yellow.I was stunned to see my beauty hosting the event.She's looking stunning.I couldn't concentrate on anybody.I was like a teenager salivating at the sight of beautiful girls.
Then I was called on stage.I walked confidently and saw she was staring at me the way I was looking at her.
She was looking like a goddess.God,this woman.I told her thank you,yet she didn't reply.She was checking me out.Have your fair share of meal my angel.Throughout my speech I realised she has completely zoned out.Yes two can play this game.I was happy she was attracted to me the way I am towards her.She was pink all over from her beautiful face to her creamy neck.I wanted to kiss her all over.I won't destroy my angel's night because she was clearly distracted by my presence so I left the stage quickly.

After the function I was held back for the staff party.I just wanted to see my beauty up close once more hence I decided to stay at Mr.Lawson's request.She came in the after party,looking tired yet sexy as fuck.I decided to make my move now.
I  quickly strided towards her.
"Could I have a word with you Natalia?" She was surprised and nodded.We came to a secluded spot.
"You did a great job out there.Congratulation for the great event."Her eyes were roaming everywhere except me.I wanted her undivided attention.
"Umm..its really hot in here why don't we move somewhere out?"
Not giving her any chance to reply.I hold her hands and got her out of there.Its now or never Etienne.
"So,Natalia there is an auction next week would you like to go as my plus one?"She seems stunned.I tapped on her shoulder.
"Uh what?"
"I am asking you to be my date for next week auction."I was suddenly nervous.What if she says no?
"Y..yes I would love to go with you."
"Great,be ready at seven-ish?I'll pick you up from home."She nodded.
We were brought out from our staring contest when someone called Natalia from afar.
"So I guess I'll see you around.Have a good night Natalia."With that I left her doing an imaginary fist pump..
Plan A complete,time for Plan B.

What is Etienne planning?Will he be successful?

****vote,comment and share****