The one that got away

ETIENNE 'S POV

I wish I could get up like this for the rest of my life.Nat was sleeping on my arms,her head on my chest.My phone vibrated ,I slowly moved as to not wake her up.I was draped around her body so I couldn't get up.

"Hello?"
"Mr.Martin?This is Sherlock."
"Yes what is the latest update?"
"Sir,my investigation tells me that the person who attacked Ms Taylor is the right hand of Marco Moretti". 
"The mafia?How can you be so sure?"
"I'm not 100 percent sure.But my sources tell me that he sent his man to kill her."
"Why would he tro to kill her?I can't see any motive here."

"Marco Moretti is a cold blooded killer.His men are hired to do menial killings.While he himself is involve in a much larger racket.Money laundering, extortion,murder, kidnapping and many other crimes."

"Dig in more Sherlock.I want to know the motherfucker as to why he tried to harm Nat."I was fuming with anger.
"Sir,one more thing.Whoever is trying to kill your girlfriend has some personal motive.I've gone through all your rivals and colleagues,they seem harmless."
"Are you certain?"
"Definitely sir."
"I trust your source Sherlock."
"Sir a word of advice."
"Yes, go on."
"Please double your security.Marco is a dangerous man."
"Alright."I clenched my fist.
"Why is this Marco trying to kill Nat?Is there any connection?"
"I'm trying to find out that sir."
"Please hurry up.I want to get to the root of this problem."
"Sure sir."
"Thank you Sherlock.Call me as soon you find something."
I hung up and closed my eyes.What the fuck does this Marco want?
I looked at my angel and saw her staring at me intently.
"Hey princess when did you get up?"
"A while ago."
"Who is Marco?"
Shit,she heard my conversation.I mentally cursed myself for being so careless.
I exhaled loudly.
"How are you feeling?"
She raised her eyebrows and shot me a look for evading her question.
I sighed.
"Marco is in the mafia,one of his goon tried to kill you yesterday."I cannot lie to my angel.
She seems startled by my confession.
"Why is he trying to kill me?"she whispered faintly.
"I don't know the answer to that."
"I'm scared Etienne."She hugged me tightly.
After a while she said...
"The man who tried to kill me had a gun and sword tattoo on his left arm.The room was dark but since he was very close to me.I could only make out that much.Something else was written.But I couldn't understand the language.It stated "morte prima di disonore" something like this."
"Death before dishonour." I whispered.
"These mafia people bear true allegiance to their bosses."I continued.

"I wish I could take away all your pain Natalia."I looked straight into her eyes.
"You already did".She snaked her arms around my neck and grazed my lips softly.
"I love you Tien."
"Love you more angel."I smiled because this is the first time she called me Tien.
"You like calling me Tien?"
"Yupp."She's so adorable.

"Okay you two love birds.Just cut it,I'm going to puke now."
Zita entered the room ofcourse without knocking.I informed the gate security of Nat's room to only let the immediate family to enter.
Natalia rolled her eyes,blushing furiously.
"Why, Zita bear are you jealous?"
Zita scoffed.
"Huh,jealous and me.Etienne is not my type."
Nat and I looked at each other.
I got up from the bed and move towards Zita confidently.
"Wow,Zita you look beautiful today.Red suits you well."I winked at her.
"Umm...m".She blushed profusely.
"Not your type right?"I said huskily.I was teasing her.
"Cocky bastard."She said under her breath.

I and Natalia laughed loudly at her tomato red face.
"By the way how is Drake Tien?"
Zita widened her eyes.
"Okay cut it you two."

"Next time knock before entering Zee Zee."Nat mock glared at her.
Zita nodded and huffed like a five year old.
I smiled at their sweet bantering.
"How is my father?"Nat asked to no one in particular.

"Actually there is some good news Nat.Your father's brain swelling is reduced.Hence he'll wake up soon baby."
"I certainly hope so."
"Absolutely..he is a tough man."
She smiled at me.

"When can I go home?I don't want to stay here anymore."
"That can be arranged sweetheart."

"You need more rest Nat."
Zita scolded like an elder sister.
"I have brought breakfast for you guys.Go get freshen up."
After helping Nat to freshen up and doing the same for my own,we ate our breakfast.Bethany sent us homemade croissant and bagel for Nat.
"I'll leave you two ladies to catch up.I have some work to do."
I kissed Nat on her forehead and made my way out.

Mr.Jones met me outside Nat's room.
"Sir,the paps are swarming outside the hospital."Just one more stuff added to my plate.
"Just get rid of them Mr.Jones."I said curtly.
"I'll try my best sir.Someone must have tipped them off about yesterday's shootout."
"There are so many people inside the hospital anyone could have done that.But that is not my concern right now."
"I need you to double the security.Trust no one and I mean it.And inform Sherlock to look for a man who has tattoo on his left arm."I gave him all the necessary details.

I went to see David's doctor and Dean.
"Good morning Mr.Martin."
"Good morning doctor.How is David?"
"Well according to the reports he is doing just fine.Today we'll see how well he has responded to our medicine.We are hoping for the best."The doctor smiled reassuringly.I smiled and nodded my head.
"Thank you so much doctor.
And one more thing,I don't want any unknown person near my girlfriend and David's room."
"Anything you want Mr.Martin.I'll talk to my staff."

I got up and made my way towards Natalia's room.

****vote,comment and share****