Chapter 11

(I don't own this picture I found it on google)

The group was out in the field on a farm. Looking for supplies. The farm was abandoned, the animals seemed to be doing fine, fences broken, and barn open. Chickens and horses. Cows and donkeys roaming the yard.

The boys were in the chicken coop looking for eggs. The girls were in the field getting crops. They were saving the house for last.

Still remembering their last encounter with a house, they didn't want to rush into that scenario again. Optimus and Knockout had joined them for this outing. Both stood close by, keeping a lookout for the undead.

A scream gif their attention only for them to see Martin chasing Tina with a worm. Jane was scolding him as she chased after them to help the poor girl. Optimus sighed as he looked around once more.

"Crazy kids" Knockout said.

"We should dwell to long, never know if an enemy could arrive. And it is getting dark out" Optimus said.

"Ok we got eggs, tins of milk, and a whole lot of crops....we should take some animals back for, uh extra meet" Jane said.

"Dude I want a steak so back" Miko whined.

"That makes two of us" Martin sighed.

"Now we just have the house to check" Terra said.

They all walked up to the house, the door broken, just hanging on by one hinge. The boys went in first, bats at the ready. The girls followed behind them. Everything seemed to be fine.

The house creaked but other than that it was quiet. The girls went to the kitchen to get canned food and whatever else was salvageable. The boys went around to look for anything of use.

Jack and Zack went to a back room and found tools, some were broken but others were in good shape. Martin went down the hall and found a bathroom, tiles chipped and broken. But he found a first aid box on the floor.

"Score....still full, bandaids, wraps, gauze, alcohol whips, and medical tape" he said, shoving it all back in and closed the thing. Putting the medical kit in his bag.

"Hm?...what's this room?" He said aloud as he giggled the knob.

Everyone was still grabbing useful things when he heard a scream. Zack and Jack being the closest they went to Martin, the girls remained upstairs.

"What happened?!" Knockout asked.

"Martin screamed" Terra yelled.

"Martin, are you safe?" Optimus asked walking around the house.

"DUDES THERES A BLOODY FREAKING HALF EATEN BODY HERE!!" Martin screamed.

"Gross dude.." Zack gagged.

"IM OUT!" Martin yelled.

Being back on the road, everyone was split into the two rides. Terra, Violet and Zack and Raf were with Optimus.

While the rest were all crammed into Knockouts alt. Miko sat in between Jack and Martin, Jane and Tina were in the front.

Tina looked out the window and let out a scream. Knockout slammed on his breaks and swerved. Optimus quick to stop as he looked back.

"WHAT THE PITS WAS THAT FOR?!" He yelled as the group got out.

"LOOK!" Tina yelled.

Everyone looked to the sky and saw a white bird. The bird did a turn and flew at them, landing in front of them.

"By god it's a dove...a dove" Jane said quietly falling to her knees.

"A what now?" Knockout asked.

"It's a bird, known as a holy bird. The dove is believed to be a bird of god, people believe that they are a symbol of love and peace...some believe they are messengers of god" Jane said.

The dove looked at them all and flew into Janes hand, the girl nearly broke out crying. The others watched in awe.

"If doves can resemble messengers, do you think there's a meaning for us seeing him?" Miko asked.

"Maybe...just maybe...you never know" Jane smiled as tears slid down her face.