Prologue: The Lost

The day was dark from the rain that had begun to fall. Illia continued to push through the sheet of rain that hit her, until she reached her destination. The bar was empty besides Rodin, who was behind the bar and Enzo sitting in his favorite seat.

"Ah, well if it isn't Illia. How was the run, baby?" Rodin asked as he lifted a cup to the light checking for any smudges that he might have missed. Illia slopped down in a corner seat, plopping up her feet on the table in front of her.

"It was a breeze. I didn't run into much trouble." placing her arms behind her head smugly.

"Of course, it went off without a hitch!" Enzo said as he walked over to Illia, pulling out an envelope from the lining of his coat; handing it to her, then proceeded to roughly patting her on the shoulder.

"What would you expect with my young pupil on the job?" looking over at Rodin, who had just finished cleaning the rest of his glasses.

"She ain't your pupil. Unlike you, she pays her tabs, you dead beat motherfucka." Rodin said with a deep chuckle. Illia joined in the laughter, taking her envelope, placing it within her bag. From time to time, Illia did a bit of digging for information, when employed by Enzo. Which it was a nice little addition of money when she was short on cash.

"So, have you heard from your uncle Isaac?" making another drink for Enzo, who already looked as though he had enough.

"No, not today." leaning on her hand

"Hopefully, he's keeping a low profile. The demons have been acting more aggressive recently..." trailing off, glancing over at the T.V.

"So, how has your situation been, since you have been working with him?" she looked over at him, then looking down at the table.

"A bit better.... But I still get trapped in Limbo, when I get pulled in. you would think that after a year, I would do better than that." getting up from her seat.

"You'll get it eventually, baby. You gotta crawl before you walk."

"Yeah, I know. I think, I'll head home." she checked her small inexpensive wristwatch as she walked over to the door.

"You be careful out there, baby. And if you can, peek in on that reclusive uncle of yours, I got a bad feeling." as he placed his other freshly cleaned cups on the rack before him.

Illia gave him a nod as she walked out of the bar; trying her best to ignore Enzo, who was speaking drunken blather that made it very hard to understand a single word that was coming out of his mouth.

The wind seemed to be blowing a lot harder than it had before. Making the chilling rain slap her face harder with each drop. The air was thick with a strange aura; it gave Illia shivers, whenever she had this feeling it meant that rifts were close by. Knowing that, made her feel even more uncomfortable; she crossed a few more blocks and dashed up onto Isaac's porch and knocked on the door waiting for a moment. Isaac, was like the Father she had never knew rather than an uncle; he helped her in her times of needs and looked out for her when she found herself with no place to go. Teaching her everything that he knew about Limbo and demonology and even about how to control her abilities as a Psychic. She knocked a second time,

"Isaac, you there?"

she tried the door, taking notice that it was unlocked. The door creaked open; the sound echoed through the quiet apartment.

"Isaac?" calling out again,

with a bit, more concern in her voice this time. Slowly she walked in, stepping on papers and books that seemed to be thrown around as if there was a struggle. The room was dark, besides the bit of light that eliminated from the open door; she moved in a bit further trying to focus her vision in the endless darkness.