Mission 10: The plot pt.2

Kat with chalk in her hand began speaking; drawing out what looked like floor plans.

"So, the Hell Gate, is the source of Mundus' power. It can only be reached from his chamber." She stopped for a moment to take a quick breath.

Dante crouched behind her, to get a better look at the board.

"You must break into the chamber and close the Hell Gate. Mundus is still weak from his last outburst. This is your chance to defeat him."

Illia took a step back, observing the board next to, Heine and Vergil; who was using his sword as a rest. Kat with extreme detail, explained her plans to the others, sketching one thing to another. Dante gently patted her on the shoulder, standing to his feet. Illia looked over to Vergil, that was now approaching the board speaking with his brother.

"What will you do?" Heine's question threw Illia off guard.

"I don't know. Vergil, isn't going to let me go with them."

As though Vergil, sensed something was off he looked over to the chatting couple. He walked over to the pair, stepping before them still wielding his blade as rest.

"Is everything alright?" he spoke mostly to Illia, who's lips were already beginning to twist into a disappointed scowl.

"I am wondering, what our role is going to be this time..." from her words, he began frown

"I need you both to look after Kat." he placed his hand upon her shoulder, she quickly pulled away from him

"She doesn't need a babysitter!" she spoke harshly through her teeth

Vergil's hand lingered in the air for a moment, before he drew it back to his side; letting out a deep sigh.

"I believe I informed you before, that I don't want to put you in harm's way unnecessarily, you still need rest as well." she smacked her lips, placing her hands on her hips. He smirked from her gesture, taking out his cell phone from within his pocket; typing in a message and pressing the send button. Illia's phone, quickly chimed.

"What's this?" pulling the phone from her jacket, glancing at the cracked screen.

"If anything happens, I want you to meet me there. I'm coming back, I promise." a light blush appeared on both of their cheeks, as the stared at each other; only stopping when they took notice to the others watching.

"We're coming back." He cleared his throat,

"F-fine..." smacking her lips, she walked away from him. Taking a sit down upon the closet chair.

Vergil took Illia backing down as a small victory, letting out a relieved sigh as he turned back to his brother, Dante; who already had his jacket back on, and his guns cocked. Heine helped Kat off the ground, so she could wish the brothers luck on their quest.

"Let's go." he said, with the both leaving the hideout and the others behind.

Outside of Stacks tower

Mundus stared down his tower, ominously glaring at Dante as he approached his building. He released his power to vandalize the town, transporting the few blocks it into the realm of Limbo. He pulled his phone from his suit pocket, tapping on the first number to appear.

"Hello?" the deep voice from the other side, spoke loudly of the noise of city falling apart.

"Are you both in position?" Mundus questioned, already feeling his patience running short,

"Yeah, I see him..." he paused, stepping up on the small railing that surrounded the roof of building.

Liam gleefully skipped next to him wearing a giant grin upon her lips,

"Shall we hunt now?" she licked her lips as though she was salivating at just the thought of sinking her blade into Dante.

Axel stared down at the definite Half breed, lowering his phone, as he sank into a deep thought; watching Dante battle herds of demons in front of Mundus' lair.

"Sorry, Boss. I think I have something else in mind..." he said coyly dropping his phone.

"Why, you insolate little sh..." Mundus shouted out, however, that was all that was audible before the cell hit the ground, stomping on it for a good measure.

"Was that wise?" Liam cocked a brow, as she followed closely behind, Axel as he exited Limbo.

He let out a sly chuckle, turning to face his confused companion,

"If he is slain by Dante, what does that matter? Let them kill each for all I care, I wish to see my brother..." the comment, made him stop for moment.

"And I want you to help bring him to me." He gave her a joy felt smile, which caused Liam to lick her lip feverishly,

"Start by bringing me, his little confidant." He continued walking, as Liam began to laugh uncontrollably at his request.