One Step at a Time

Asia leads me on for 5 minutes until we make it out of the thicket and are right in front of the fountain. Once I'm in front of it, I feel my heart start to race again. However, Asia places her hand on my shoulder and I lift my hand and hold her's gently.

Asia: Breathe (y/n).

I do as she says and soon my heart calms down and my body relaxes. I then turn to face her.

Asia: Good. Your doing amazing (y/n), but I don't think your ready yet to continue. You still need to face the girl one more time to come to terms with what happened between you two and let go.

Y/n: How will I know when I'm ready Asia?

Asia: Only you will know, with time and God's guiding hand. But when you do face her and are ready to let go, do it with a smile. For now though, take everything one step at a time.

Y/n: Asia, I'm very thankful for everything you've done for me. You truly do have a kind heart and an even kinder soul.

Asia (blushes) O-oh no you shouldn't say that. I-I'm just doing my job as a nun!

Y/n: Hmm, but didn't you say that you helped me because it's how you are as a person?

Asia realizes her mistake and lowers her head in embarrassment. Heh, she's probably forgetting that little outburst she did before. But seeing her like this makes her really cute. I then put my hand on her head and start patting it while also stroking her long blonde hair.

Y/n: I'm sorry Asia, I shouldn't have teased you like that. But seeing you like this makes you very cute.

Asia: (blushes) Y-you think I'm... c-cute?

Y/n: Of course, ANY guy would think that. Your smart, kind, considerate, and a very good listener. What's more, you enjoy helping others, that's what I find to be your most endearing quality.

Asia: ... thank you... (y/n)... (smiles)

Asia clings onto my chest while I continue stroking her hair. We stay like that for what seems like forever.

???: (Y/N)!!! Where are you?!

Me and Asia are startled and quickly separate while blushing.

Y/n: Well, I guess it's time for me to go.

Asia: Y-yeah...

Y/n: Once again, thank you for everything Asia. Next time I see you I'll make sure to take you out to pay you back. (Smiles)

Asia: (blushes) O-oh n-no you really don't have to go out of your way for me like that.

Y/n: No, I'm doing it because I want to. And, I won't take no for an answer.

Asia: O-ok.

Y/n: Well, I'll see you around. Goodbye Asia.

I reluctantly turn away from Asia and make my way toward the direction from where my name was called.

Asia: (Y)-(Y/N), WAIT!

I quickly turn around and see Asia run up to me blushing and holding something in her hands. Whatever she's trying to say to me must be hard because she just stands there and is avoiding eye contact with me.

Y/n: Asia? Did you want something from me?

Asia: ... mmm... no... actually I...

Y/n: It's ok Asia. You can just tell me straight up.

Asia: ... I... I want to make sure you're always safe... so... h-here...

I look down and see that her hands are extended toward me and there's something inside it.