First Day

Monday (May 11th)

——- (Morning) ——-

——- (Y/n's POV) ——-

Y/n: So let me get this straight. There are 72 clans that make up the aristocracy of Devil society, and each hold a title according to their rank?

Coatl: Yep, although now there are only 32 clans left.

It's officially been a full two weeks since I found out I was made a Devil by Rias, and a week since me and everyone else in the ORC had breakfast at my place. And to say that my first week was overwhelming would be an understatement. From just finding out everything Devils and other supernatural beings exist, to the whole incident with Asia and the Fallen Angels, it was a major relief to have had a full week to recover from all the drama. Last week at school passed by fairly well, all of us in the Occult Research Club met every other day, including Asia who's really been enjoying her newfound freedom. I even had a chance to take on a few more contracts of my own besides Ms. Fujiki, and most of them went well, while others... didn't exactly get what they wanted but were still satisfied in the end. Speaking of Ms. Fujiki, I managed to go and pay her a visit at the hospital she was in and brought her some flowers. She was still pretty frail but is recovering nicely, so much so that the doctors said she could leave within the next week and a half once she's gotten stronger. I apologized profusely to her for not coming sooner and for not doing enough to try and save her, but she told me she didn't blame me because neither of us could have expected Freed to show up.

Since Ms. Fujiki has yet to be discharged from the hospital and then move into a new place, classes' 2-A's teacher, Mr. Matsuoka, and 2-C's teacher and Ms. Fujiki's friend, Ms. Sato, have both stepped up in managing their classes and mine. And despite the change, everyone's adjusted fairly well, although the guys in the class are taking advantage of Ms. Fujiki's absence to harass the girls more, and it's been up to me to step up and defend their honor while also being seen as public enemy #1 as usual. Let's just hope Asia is able to adjust to the changes ok. Oh yeah, that's the biggest change so far. After a week of getting used to Kuoh Town and understanding what it's like to be a Devil, Rias managed to get Asia admitted into Kuoh Academy as a second-year, and best of all, she's assigned to me and Issei's class. To say she was ecstatic at being able to attend school for the first time in her life would be an understatement. She was so happy, she could stop crying into my chest as she held onto me and buried her face into me.

And that's what's led up today. Right now, I'm a few minutes away from Kuoh Academy after passing along the street way near Kuoh Park. It's a really nice day too, the sun's out and everything in the world is as it should be. While I've been walking, Coa has been educating me more and more about the world, like right now how, she's been explaining to me a bit about Devil society. Although, she's still been very dodgy about any questions I ask relating to her for some reason.

Y/n: Huh... Can't believe all those 72 families' history stretches back all the way to the time of the Abaddon clan. Speaking of, are they still in power? Because, if I remember correctly, Rias and Sona mentioned that the Four Great Satans rule the Devils.

Coatl: Oh, well, they're not in power anymore. They've been ousted for thousands of years now, with the only remnants of their clan living private lives. And in terms of each of the 72 clans' history, there weren't always 72 clans.

Y/n: There weren't?

Coatl: Nope. Originally, there were only 20 Houses, including Rias's family, House Gremory, and Sona's family, House Sitri. The other 52 were added after the Abaddon clan were defeated in a war that took place, but that's a story for another day.