5

Jeonghan couldn't sleep. It was 3am and too warm in his apartment and he hated the new blinds covering the windows. He hated the new door that was thick and heavy and solid. He missed the city lights and the glow through the glass panelled door and most of all he missed control over the changes to his apartment.

He couldn't stop thinking about his new bodyguard's broad shoulders and his muscular arms.  He was fascinated by the man's immunity to his charms. It wasn't even fun to tease him. Jeonghan had a never ending thirst for teasing his manager. Even though they'd worked together for years and Jeonghan mostly just saw Jisoo as like a brother the other man still crumbled into a blushing mess from Jeonghan's teasing. But no matter how hard he tried Seungcheol just smiled politely and ignored any effort on Jeonghan's part to embarrass him or make him blush.

He grabbed his phone as he got out of bed and padded barefoot across his bedroom floor. Items of clothing and other various mess scattered across the thick luxurious carpet and he kicked a few things out the way as he pulled a pair of shorts on over his boxers. He wanted to go for a walk and get some fresh air. He wanted to go to the 24hr convenience shop on the corner and get some chocolate. He wanted to get out of the stuffy oppressive apartment that felt like it was closing in on him. He was going to get in trouble either way so he scrolled through his contacts and found Seungcheol's number.

He rang and rang and finally Seungcheol picked up after a few minutes. "Jeonghan Sir? Is there something wrong?" Jeonghan felt himself go weak at the sound of his bodyguard's heavy sleepy voice. "Yeah something is wrong. Cheollie I can't sleep." Jeonghan almost fluttered his lashes but realised Seungcheol couldn't see him. He heard a heavy sigh. "Try and drink some warm milk."

"But Cheollie I don't have any and I want to go out for a walk to the store and get some and I know if I go out without you then I'll get in trouble." He heard soft breathing on the other end of the line before Seungcheol answered. "Can't you just go back to bed Jeonghan?" Jeonghan shook his head as his long hair grazed his bare shoulders. "Nope. I want to go out for a walk and get some milk. If you're not here in half an hour I'm going by myself."

"Cheol what are you doing?" Luda's long dark hair was splayed across the pretty pink pillow and her big eyes blinked sleepily up at him. "Go back to sleep," he said as he quickly dressed in his jeans and tshirt strewn haphazardly across the floor of Luda's bedroom. "It's work. I'll call you tomorrow." She smiled and closed her eyes again and Seungcheol grabbed his keys and phone and slipped out into the darkness.

As he drove towards Jeonghan's apartment he wondered if this job was worth it.

When he arrived he used his keycard to get inside and he found Jeonghan standing out on his balcony in just a pair of shorts. His long hair blew in the breeze and goosebumps covered his bare skin. "Jeonghan sir. What are you doing out here?" Seungcheol asked as he looked around, finding a satin robe on a chair, and using it to cover his shoulders. "Anyone could be looking." Jeonghan just shrugged. "Let them look. As long as they can't touch me. And they can't because I have you now." His smile was mesmerising but it wasn't enough to sway Seuncheol from his irritation at being called out in the middle of the night.

"I'm thinking about getting a cat." Jeonghan said as he walked inside and tossed the robe back onto the floor. Seuncheol followed him in and closed the balcony door, pulling the blind across, watching Jeonghan wander across the living room. "Do you like cats Cheollie?" Seungcheol tried desperately to hide the annoyance in his voice. "Not really sir. I'm more of a dog person." Jeonghan laughed at that. "I knew it!" He said and his eyes flashed with delight as he turned back towards Seungcheol still standing awkwardly by the balcony door. "You seem like a dog person. Do you have one?" "No sir I don't. I only have an apartment and there's not enough room."

He watched Jeonghan, bare chested and unselfconscious, sit on the couch and turn the tv on and he couldn't take it anymore. "Jeonghan sir. Your walk to the shop?" He asked through gritted teeth and Jeonghan smiled his winning grin at him. "Oh yeah. I forgot about that. I don't really feel like going out now." He curled his legs up under him as he settled in comfortably and began flicking through the channels. "Maybe you can make some hot chocolate for us in the kitchen?"

Seungcheol wanted to grab Jeonghan by his pretty little throat and strangle him just a little but instead he sat on the couch opposite his narcissistic boss. "Jeonghan. It's not really my job to come here in the middle of the night and make you warm milk." Jeonghan sighed and looked up at him. "I'm sorry Cheollie. I was just lonely. It's so boring here by myself all night, so quiet, so dark and scary....." his eyes sparkled in the dimmed light of the living room. "Don't you get bored all night by yourself?" His eyes widened and he clapped his hand dramatically over his mouth. "Oh Cheollie I'm so sorry. You were probably with your girlfriend . Did I disturb the two of you?" His mouth made the apology but his eyes glittered with mischief and deceit and Seungcheol didn't know whether to believe him.

"Anyway I'm pretty tired." Jeonghan yawned and rubbed his eyes as he got up from the couch. "Take one of the spare rooms. No use going home now. You have to be back here in four hours. Goodnight Cheollie." And suddenly Jeonghan was gone and Seungcheol was left sitting on the couch wondering exactly what he signed up for with this job.