24

The burn of chlorine filled Seungcheol's senses as the world around him vanished. He opened his eyes in a new world, neon blue and devoid of air, and his first thought was Jeonghan. Could he swim? How deep was the pool? Where was he?

He reached out and found fabric and as he grabbed at it and pulled Jeonghan close to him he found his feet could reach the bottom. His toes scrambled for grip on the smooth tiles and his next thought was how glad he was he'd left his Magnums near the front door.

As he pulled Jeonghan into the safety of his arms their heads broke the surface of the water. The relief of air filled Seungcheol's nose and mouth and he gasped for breath. "Are you okay?" He asked the man in his arms and Jeonghan nodded. Seungcheol stared at Jeonghan's face, his parted lips shining in the dim light, his big eyes staring at him under a mop of wet hair. "I'm sorry Cheollie.... I guess I just fell...."

Seungcheol couldn't take his eyes off Jeonghan's perfect pink lips as he spoke and the rush of adrenaline combined with the alcohol in his system made thoughts rush through his brain. He felt confused, excited and suddenly overwhelmed as he felt it in his stomach. That spark, fire, chemistry. Whatever it was called didn't matter. Jeonghan's words filled his ears as he remembered what he'd asked him earlier that day.

"What's it like to want someone so bad that you just can't wait to get your hands all over them?"

With Jeonghan's thin frame held gently in his strong arms Seungcheol finally understood. "I know now... what it feels like...." he said softly as he stared into Jeonghan's eyes. The music and voices faded into the background as they stood in the chest deep water by the edge of the pool. Every single instinct Seungcheol had told him to lean in and take Jeonghan's lips with his, to feel their chests pressed together, to learn all the sensual secrets of Jeonghan's delicate body.

Just as he was about to lean in Jeonghan pulled away. He put his hands on Seungcheol's chest and pushed himself out of Seungcheol's arms and away from him. "You have a girlfriend," Jeonghan said softly as he ducked under the water and re-emerged as he pushed his hair back. Seungcheol watched Jeonghan pull himself up on the side of the pool. The impromptu swim seemed to have sobered him a little and he leaned down and held his hand out for Seungcheol to take.

Seungcheol let Jeonghan help him out of the pool and the moment was shattered. The reality of the party, the noise and chaos invaded their world again, and they stared at each other a little awkwardly. "I'll go find something dry for you to wear," Jeonghan said before disappearing into the house. Seungcheol was about to follow him when he felt rough hands grab him and toss him easily to the ground.

"I saw that," Jihoon said as he leaned over a surprised Seungcheol flat on his back. "I saw all of it. How dare you?" Jihoon seethed with a quiet rage as Seungcheol sat up and frowned. "What do you mean?" He stammered out as he stood up slowly and backed away from the angry man. "Don't you dare play him like that. I saw you try to kiss him when you have a girlfriend Seungcheol. He trusts you. Don't take advantage of that." "I wasn't... I wouldn't...." Seungcheol sighed as he realised Jihoon was right.

"I'm not very good at this am I?" Seungcheol conceded as he saw Jihoon's expression soften. "That's a fucking understatement." Jihoon rolled his eyes. "Look, you want to kiss him and he wants to kiss you, that's fine by me. But not if he's just some easy fucking side piece to you. Jeonghan deserves better. So if you play with his feelings then we're going to have a big problem. And so are the ten other guys here."

Seungcheol sighed heavily. "I think I need another beer," he said and followed Jihoon over to the seats as he began to shiver.

Seungcheol sat with his head in his hands. The air surrounding him became suddenly cold as he sat in his wet clothes. He didn't know what to do. Jihoon appeared to be the only one who'd seen how close he'd actually come to kissing his boss and everyone else had resumed their partying without taking much more notice.

He shivered and wondered if Jeonghan was actually getting him some dry clothes or if he'd forgotten. He stood up and turned towards the house and Jihoon grabbed the bottom of his shirt and tugged at it. "Remember what I said. You might be playing but I'm not. I like you Seungcheol but be careful. I'm watching you." This time when Seungcheol shivered it wasn't from the cold.