Part 17

* Sarah's POV*

I closed the door as quickly and quietly as I could. I tip-toed down the cabin steps and went back in the direction I came. I was scared Carl was going to wake up and kidnap me, again.

I gripped my knife in my hand tightly. I came across a couple of walkers, no biggie. As I was walking, I felt like I was being watched. You know that feeling? You can just feel it, at random times. Because, 80% of the time you get this feeling, you are being watched. Well, that's what I felt like now. 

I started to kick up my pace, and soon I was jogging. I heard a twig snap from behind me. Whatever is following me, is kicking up it's speed also. As I was running, I tripped over a tree trunk and fell. I spanned my ankle, but I had to get up.  

I got up and started running again. I could smell something burning, a fire. I ran in the direction of the smell. I could see the black smoke over the stars in the sky. I ran a different route through the trees and was hoping I lost whatever was following me. I ran into another group of walkers, but killed them quickly.

I kept running until I was right in front of the fire. I saw bodied, lying on the ground. And two other people awake. They held their weapons up, pointing them right at me. 

I couldn't tell who they were. But the two people got up and came over to me.

"Stay back!" I yelled as I grabbed my knife and put it in their direction.

The people stayed quiet, but than one of them started laughing. I could tell from up close it was two men.

"Who are you?" I asked.

I would rather be with them than Carl. Or alone.

One of the men grabbed me. I still couldn't see their faces.

"Get off me! Who are you?"

He laughed again and that's when I recognized them.

It was Rick and Daryl.

---------------------------------

{ Sorry this one was really short. Thank you for over 200 reads!}

----