Part 23

* Sarah's POV*

After we finished kissing, I asked, "Are you still going to kill me?"

He stood there, pondering his decision on whether he should or not.

"I'll have to think about it." He replied.

At least it gave me a little time to live. But the sooner I went, the sooner I would be with Andrew, Emma, Lizzie, Lori, Beth, and everyone else we had lost.

"Carl, if you have to, than do it."

"I'm not going to anymore. I've made up my mind. But maybe I will kill you. You just won't know it. Maybe I will, and, maybe I won't."

It was quiet between the two of us for quite some time.

"It's getting dark, we have to find shelter." I stated.

"Okay, well, let's find some than."

We walked through the woods together, just like before. I really didn't want to be here anymore. I just wish Rick and the group would come and save me, or if it comes to it, Carl kills me. Anything it takes, I just want to get away from him as soon as possible.

We came to a country club, and stayed in the office of it for the night.

"Get comfortable. I'm taking first watch." Carl said.

I didn't argue with him, I simply said, "Okay."

I laid down on the tarp that I was carrying in my backpack. I had forgotten all about it.

"Are you hungry?" I asked, I was trying to be nice, so maybe he would let me go.

"No, you eat whatever you have. You're going to need it for tomorrow."

"Where are we-"

"You'll find out, sooner or later." He said.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I just wanted it all to be over. If I were to die, I could be with my family, with the people I love. I could see my mom again.

I teared up as I was thinking about it. I couldn't bring myself to be killed though. But it had to be done. One way or another, I was going to die. Either Carl could kill me, or the walkers would get me. Wouldn't it be better to just get it over with? Maybe, but that would have to wait for another night.

I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.

I was awoken abruptly, but Carl shaking me awake.

"Your turn." He said as he laid down.

Now would be a perfect time to escape. I would leave him here, while he was asleep.

I waited for awhile until he I knew he was actually asleep. I grabbed my knife, and my backpack and left. I knew what I had to do. I had to run, to escape.

I started running in the direction of the farm. If I was quick and quiet, I could make it there by morning. At least I had gotten a little sleep before-hand. 

I heard something coming from behind me. I turned around and saw a dark figure appearing behind me. 

Carl.

"Wait!" He yelled. "I'm not mad, I'm not going to hurt you, please just wait up."

I stopped walking and waited for him.

"Let me come with you, to the farm. I promise I will be nice."

I sighed and said, "Okay fine. But we are catching up with them, tonight"

-------------------------------

{Commment feedback please! Thanks!}