How I realized how much I love your mother | Bucky Barnes

a/n: hello lovies <3 sorry for the mistake, Wattpad updated my book without me knowing, so i unpublished this part.

i'm a big fan of How I Met Your Mother, the show, so i thought this could be pretty cute.

when i put this, per exemple chase/anthony, that means you can choose the name.

bold italic letters - flashback
italic letters - bucky narrating
italic underlined letters - song in the flashback

WARNING:
fluff, fluff and some more fluff

word count: 1531

————————————————————————

"Sit down, kids," Bucky said, motioning to his kids to sit on the couch.

Elizabeth/Hayley, his eight year old daughter, giggled and sat in his lap. Running behind her came Sebastian/Chris, her twin. A growl echoed through the living room.

"Chase/Anthony Barnes! Come here or you'll be grounded! No X-Cube for two months!" Bucky shouted to his oldest son, Chase/Anthony.

"Daaadd! It's not an X-Cube! It's an X-BOX," Chase/Anthony sighed, walking into the living room.

"Whatever. Now, kiddos, who wants to know how your old man realized he was, and still is, in love with your mother?"

"Me, me, me!!!" Sebastian/Chris and Elizabeth/Hayley cheered.

"Dad, you already told that story three thousand times!" Chase/Anthony declared.

"But I love that story! And Sebastian/Chris loves it too! Come on, daddy! Tell us!" Elizabeth/Hayley asked her father.

"Okay so...." Bucky started, smiling softly.

"At the time, your mother and I were very close friends. Not as close as uncle Steve and I, but still very close. When I was feeling down, she was always there for me. She knew every secret about me and I knew every secret about her. We spent a lot of time together and we loved that. One day, I realized I had a crush on aunt Natasha-"

"In other words, you had a boner for her," Chase/Anthony chuckled.

"I'm taking your X-Cube. You're not seeing it for three months," Bucky deadpanned, "Where was I? Ah yes..."

"Your mother, of course, knew. Since she was very good friends with aunt Natasha too, she tried to discover if she felt the same about me. At one of uncle Tony's parties-"

"Are you telling them that story again?" you chuckled, entering the room where your children and husband where sitting.

"Moooom! Tell Dad to cut the crap and let me play on my X-Box!" Chase/Anthony whined, turning to you.

"Chaaaase/Anthooonyyy, I can't do that! I love that story as much as your father does," you tortured your oldest son, kissing the top of his head, walking to the couch.

"What was that, mom?!" he shrieked.

"Affection, my son," you looked him in the eye, when he smiled shyly, trying to hide the fact that he loved attention.

Bucky pecked your lips. One hand was making sure Elizabeth/Hayley was secure on his lap and the other was now on your thigh. You scooted even closer and leaned your head on his shoulder.

"Maybe I'll finally be able to tell the story-" Bucky started.

"Go on, babe," you told your husband.

"You didn't tell us what happened at uncle Tony's party, daddy!" Sebastian/Chris squealed.

"Ah, right. Thank you, buddy," Bucky winked at his son.