when we were 26

At 26, you proposed. It was super romantic and very you. You took me out on the football field at night and you set up a picnic out in the middle with all the lights on. You made burnt grilled cheese and a salad that I don't think you washed. After we ate (at least I pretended to), you got up. You didn't tell me where you were going but suddenly you were running across the field. 

I had a moment while I was watching you. "How did I end up with this amazing guy that was the most popular guy in high school? How did I end up with this guy who always has my coffee ready for me in the morning and who leaves random love notes all over the place? This guy who shows up at my office every once in a while with a bouquet of flowers?"

It was a great moment. Until all the lights went out and it was pitch black. I panicked, of course, thinking we were having a power outage. I started yelling "ATLAS!" as loudly as I could until a flash of bright flashlight made me sigh in relief. You joined me and we both laid on the blanket staring up at the beautiful stars.

"What do you think about spending the rest of our lives together?"

"I kind of assumed it was a given." 

"So then you wouldn't mind marrying me?"

______

Video is Aaron Tveit singing Along The Way and it's literally perfection because AARON IS PERFECT OKAY HE MAKES ME CRY :( 

you know the drill.

oh, follow me on social media: twitter: katiepuanani instagram: myheartsmistake

~katie~