fifteen

fifteen

warnings: angst, sick parental figure, mentions of dead parental figure, mentions of cancer, themes of death and implied suicidal thoughts.

Stiles

"What did you see the night at the bank when Scott was trying to save Deaton?" I followed dad through the hospital.

"Nothing," he said. My surprise at his denial made me falter in my steps.

"Dad, you saw him healing himself after he tried crossing the mountain ash." A few quick strides and I had caught up with him again.

"I don't know what I saw."

"You saw something that you can't explain," I insisted.

"Stiles," dad finally turned to face me, "I have seen a lot of things that I can't explain in this town. That doesn't make them supernatural, and that doesn't make them real. They just found another body. That's real. And that's the lead I'm following." He turned away from me again.

"Dad," my voice came out much softer this time, but it grew more desperate, "another teacher's gonna die if you don't start listening to me."

"I AM LISTENING! I HAVE BEEN LISTENING!"

His sudden tone took me aback. Dad looked around shamefully at the people who were now staring at us. Tears started pricking my eyes as I said:

"You just don't believe."

For a second, dad looked like he was going to respond, but instead, he turned back, walking towards the exit.

"Mom would've believed me."

As expected, that made him halter in his steps, but I didn't stay to see if he turned back or not.

Running a hand over my face and taking a deep breath, I tried my best to sort out my thoughts. I picked up my pace, hoping to relieve some stress, and when that didn't work, I leaned against one of the walls, right next to a door.