Naamloos deel 32

For the rest of the day, both men were anxious and on edge. By the time Liam and Niall showed up Louis was desperate to see the babies again, but he stayed and sat quietly in his wheelchair. Their visiting friends had brought them both suitcases of clothes and their shampoos and conditioners, and Louis even got to shower and change from his gown, yet he couldn't make himself stop worrying. To make matters worse, Harry was quiet, too. But he knew that the Dom wasn't angry with him because Harry didn't seem like he was ignoring Louis, he seemed like he was ashamed of himself, almost apologetic towards Louis.

Niall seemed nervous about the whole ordeal, shielding his stomach that held a ten week old baby, "They don't have enough evidence at all. They haven't even seen you with actually with the babies."

"Louis hasn't even gotten to hold them yet, right?" Liam huffed. "Yeah, they can't just jump to conclusions based off of what Nick says. They can't take them."

"You can just sue them if they try?" Niall suggested.

Harry was still silent, looked exhausted, and Liam attempted to coax him into going home and resting, "I'll stay here with Louis and you'll be the first to know if anything happens. You're dead on your feet-"

"I'm fine," Harry finally huffed. "Really, I'm fine. I'm staying here with Louis. He and our babies might need me."

Louis didn't dare protest, as whereas Liam was allowed to speak out and try to make Harry do something, Louis, as a sub, was supposed to respect his Dom's wishes. Once Liam and Niall had left, after Louis had caught Niall's hand to quietly congratulate the boy, Harry helped Louis into bed and helped him tuck the blankets around himself.

"Sir," Louis murmured. "You should sleep."

"The same goes to you," Harry replied.

Louis blushed a bit, "I need to pump before I do that, though. I was going to ask a nurse to get it for me though so you can-"

But Harry was already retrieving the breast pump from the corner of the room and bringing it over, "Don't be silly."

Once Louis was situated with the pump, Harry settled down quietly to wait. Louis, on the other hand, had had enough of Harry's silence. He was terrified and when he was terrified it was always Harry assuring him that made everything okay again.

"Why are you so quiet?" Louis croaked out. "Did I-"

"You've done nothing wrong, so don't start thinking that you have," Harry said instantly.

Louis tried not to squirm too much, he didn't want to disrupt the pumps he had attached to himself, "But you didn't do anything wrong either."

After several moments, Harry shrugged, "It was just the questions she asked. They were very... she knew our weak spots, hmm?"

"Was it about your parents?" Louis squeaked, reaching for his Dom. Even in the midst of worrying about his babies Louis had felt his heart go out to Harry in that instance that the woman had brought up Harry's parents' death.

Harry shrugged once more. Louis was beginning to grow very hesitant towards shrugging.

"Not so much that. More so... what I've done. Mistakes I've made in the past that ended up badly."

Louis stared at Harry, at a loss for what Harry was talking about. His mind churned as he attempted to run back through the dreadful questions the woman had asked. He didn't want to focus much on it, but he wanted to help his Dom. And then he realized it. By mistakes, Harry was referring to letting Zayn stay in the house even after he had beaten Louis. Harry was still bothered by that, and Louis was stunned because he expected that he and Niall were the only ones who would have to deal with thoughts like that soon, and it made him feel incredibly selfish that he hadn't considered Harry feeling that way.