Chapter 6: the runaway

Clementines POV

I immediately started panicking and went into the room to look for her... but she was no where to be found. "What the fuck!?" I said as I looked back at the others, they were scared shitless, Violets father stopped struggling and looked out the window but the others didn't let him go as he held back their hands.

"Let go of me you little shits!" He yelled, I looked at him as I got closer to him, I could smell alcohol in his breath. I spat at him and said "Your fucking pathetic, I can't believe Violet would ever have a father like you!" I shouted at him, "James call the police and tell them to come get this tyrant." As soon as I said that Violets dad looked at me with fear in his eyes. "WAIT! Wait! No! Please don't call the police please! I have horrible experiences with that place!" He said with panic and anger in his voice, I looked at him with anger and disappointment.

"Listen, I don't know you very well... but I do know that you treat her horribly and try to drink your problems away! But all it does is create more problems and is effecting everyone around you!" I yelled at him with bitterness as I took a minute to calm down.

He squinted his eyes at me and said very quietly "Wait a second I know you! You're the little girl who almost kidnapped Violet!" He said slowly raising his voice.

I looked at him like he was mad 'Which he is' and was VERY confused, so confused that I was in a loss for words. "W-what? What the hell are you talking about I never kidnapped Violet!?" I said with confusion in my voice.

He sighed and started to speak until-"FBI! WERE COMING IN!!" A male voice said from downstairs. We heard them getting closer and closer and as they saw us they aimed their guns towards Violets dad. "PUT YOUR HANDS UP NOW!! AND GET ON THE GROUND!" The male voice said, startling me and the others as we backed up and went downstairs. But as we were going downstairs Violet's dad yelled at me saying, "THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU DID WHEN YOU WERE A SMALL GIRL!! THINK ABOUT THAT SO CALLED 'CAT' THAT YOU 'SAVED'!!!" I listened as I continued to run down the stairs. 'What does he mean when I was a kid? And I know for sure I didn't kidnap Violet when I was little. So what the hell is he talking about!! I am so confused!' I thought to myself.

As we made it downstairs the cops took Violets dad away as he looked me dead in the eyes and scowled and mouthed to me 'remember'. I could not be any more confused than I already was.

(Ok I know this is probably not making any sense right now! But I promise that it will all make sense later on in the story!)

"Okay guys what the FUCK just happened!" Louis said pacing back in forth gripping his dreads and panicking. "I-I don't know? I just don't know Lou! But more importantly, what happened to Violet and where is she?" I said in a low voice but concerning. "Try callin' her!" Ruby said putting a hand on Louis's shoulder trying to calm him down.

He got his phone out and hit a green button as the phone started ringing. But then there was a vibrating sound coming from the couch where we sat. I went over and saw Violets phone on the couch ringing and on the screen it had Louis's face in the picture.

I picked it up and showed the others. "She left this behind," I started with tears in my eyes as my voice cracked, "where is she, I need to know!" I said tears now streaming down my face as my friends came to hug me in support. "She'll come back Clem I promise, we promise, it isn't like her to just take off and then not come back." Brody said.

I calmed down a little and sniffled "Y-yeah you're right," I said, "we still need to find her and get her back, she won't be safe out there if she's transformed." I said to the others, they all agreed and went outside. We went around the house to where Violet's window were the room she was in and looked for any possible trail or something she left behind.