Chapter 7: history

*Flashback 8 years ago...*

Violet's POV

"Daddy can I go try hunting in the woods? I promise that I'll be careful." I said, my dad furrowed his eyebrows and started to speak. "You'll be careful from humans? And be back before dark?" My dad said in an unsure voice. I responded almost immediately, "Yes! I promise!" I spoke with excitement and hope. My dad took a deep breath and let out a sigh, "...fine." I hugged my dad and thanked him, he didn't hug back he just mumbled 'whatever'. I ran outside, while my grandma was out on the porch in a rocking chair. "Where are you going sweetheart?" A calming gentle voice called. I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around to face my grandmother, "Uh, I'm going out into the woods to hunt." I said casually, her grandmother furrowed her eyebrows and said, "Um, o-ok just please be careful," she said, I scoffed and shrugged, "oh, please grans, I was born to be careful." I said smugly. Her grandmother just smirked and gestured me to go off on my own.

I ran off into the woods happily, 'Finally I get some time to myself!' I thought. When I was walking I stopped and looked around really quick to make sure if anyone was there. "Ok," I sighed, "I can do it, just like grandma taught me." I said to myself, I slowly started to transform until it was complete. I was fully transformed into a snow leopard, who was about the size of a 5 year old. I jumped up in victory and tried to roar... but only for it to come out in a tiny 'meow'.

I was embarrassed by myself and started searching for something to practice my hunting skills on, until I spotted (pun intended), a little squirrel, who was nibbling on a acorn and didn't even bother to look up. I crouched down silently and slowly made my way to it hiding in the grass, trees and bushes. I squinted my eyes and finally pounced, "MEROOOWW!", I roared? Meowed?... eh whatever. I fell on my stomach and let out an 'oof'. The just looked at me and then finished his acorn and threw it in my face. "Ow-wha-hey! That was mean!", I hissed at the squirrel. I stood up and chased after it as the squirrel ran.

I chased him for about 5 minutes until I started getting tired from running on four legs. I was panting and started slowing down when the squirrel came to a fence. I looked above the fence in fear and stepped back a little. 'Oh no! Oh no! Oh no! I shouldn't be here the humans will capture me and do horrible things to me like dad said!' I thought, the squirrel went through a big whole in the fence and climbed up a tree. I stood their for a moment and thought for a moment, 'But maybe if I bring back that squirrel home from hunting, then my parents will finally be proud of me?' I thought, she sighed and walked towards the fence with the hole in it. I went through it head first and wiggled my way in. I looked around to see no one... yet. I looked around mesmerized and impressed that someone actually lives here, I mean a pool, treehouse, big backyard, what's next a tire swi-oh! There's one right over there!

I got a little excited and decided to go in the tree house and to get that squirrel, when I started climbing up the squirrel looked down at me and then started going in the treehouse and I climbed up further, further, further, until I finally made it up the treehouse I climbed through the window of the treehouse and when I turned around I felt my heart drop as I saw a human kid right in front of me! She had dark brown curly hair and honey gold eyes. She looked back at me surprised and smiled cheerfully as her eyes lit up with happiness as she crawled over to me, she looked about 8 years old. "Aww, hi kitty cat! Your so cute!" She said in a high-pitched voice, I was a shocked when she said that, I also think I blushed a little. She gently petted me on the head and down my back and up to my tail. I purred softly and closed my eyes because oh my god it felt soooooo gooooood! I went over into her lap and cuddled her and licked her hand as she giggled. "I think I'll name you... fluffy." She said smiling, I meowed at her in response.

She picked me up and climbed down her treehouse with me in her arms as she got onto the ground she walked over to her house and slide the glass door open and, put me down on the wooden floor.

"Daddy!" She called, "Yes!" I heard a deep male voice say, "Look what I found!" She called again, I sat there for a few seconds until I saw a man in a purple t-shirt and blue jeans come in the room. "What is it-" he cut himself off, I looked at him a little scared by the way he was looking at me. "Why-What-eh-Uh... where did you find a snow leopard cub!" He said with confusion and surprise in his voice. "She came into my treehouse and her name is Fluffy!" The little girl  said looking at e then at her dad, who was still shocked. "Uhhhhh... wow ok! We need to call the police." He said, I recoiled and hid behind her legs, she looked at me with sad eyes and then at her dad. "Why?" She asked with a sad voice, "Because sweetie," he started as he kneeled down to her height, "she is not supposed to be here as a house pet, she is a wild animal and belongs in somewhere where there is snow." He said in a soft voice, 'Wish I had a dad like that.' I thought.

"Um, o-ok," she answered sadly looking down at her shoes, her dad looked at her with an apologetic eyes and smile. "Why don't you two play outside until they get here ok?" He said, she smiled and said, "Ok! We'll play, come on Fluffy!" she said picking me up in her arms again. When we got out she set me down and turned to close the door. I looked around for a sec until something caught my eye, but it wasn't something it was someone. It was my dad and grandma and they were transformed my dad looked at me through the hole in the backyard with panic in his eyes. 'Welp, it was nice knowing ya'll.'

My dad was gesturing me to come to him, but I looked back at the little girl then back to him as she fully shut the door. "Come on Fluffy, lets go in my tree house." She said, running to the treehouse, now was my time to escape, but to be honest... I feel pretty bad about leaving her. I ran over to the hole and didn't stop even when I heard her calling me. "Wait Fluffy! Where are you going?!" She shouted for me, but I just... kept... running... and I didn't look back... not once.

I made through the hole as my dad and grandma were helping me out. My dad picked me up by the neck with his mouth and carried me through the woods and didn't stop running until we got back home.

We made home and we de transformed back into human as we got inside and my dad shut the door behind me and when he was done, he slapped me across the face and yelled. "YOU PROMISED YOU WOULDN'T GO NEAR HUMANS! WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY FOR YOURSELF!!" A single tear fell down my face as I trembled in fear, my lip quivered as I lied.

"I was kidnapped"

*End of flashback*

I stood there shocked as I looked at my grandmother with wide eyes.

"Holy fu-"

To be continued...