Chapter 9

Bad News

      "Jay, we need to talk." Val texts me at, 'too early in the morning', o'clock talking about us talking so I respond "It better be good." I get up and open my front door. She gives me this look she always gives before she gives me bad news so I say "Just tell me." She let's out a deep breath, "Let's sit down." "Tell me now. I'm 4 and a half months pregnant, having mood swings like hell, and cant sleep cuz I toss n turn all night." "Okay, I think.... No, I know D's having an affair with Ru." I take a deep breath, blink back my tears, and pick up my phone "You're a no good, cheating, son of a bitch. I knew you was fuckn with her but I needed proof." "Baby, what are you talkn about?" "Dont 'baby' me, D'vontez. I'm carrying your fuckn baby and you go n fuck with my bestfriend. I'm done. Fuck you, I can raise my child without you." I hang up and Val says "Damn... no If, Ands, or Buts. I'm glad I'm a true friend and you believe me enough to trust me without any proof or questions." "Girl I trust you enough to eat off yo floor. Ima kill this bitch. Both of 'em." "Um, not a good idea. Your still pregnant." "They better count their blessings cuz in 6 months when I drop... They are dead. Mark my words." "Jay, just dont stress." "Fuck them... I'm not. I'm too hungry to stress. And when I walk on the 18th it's over with." "Let's get you sumn to eat momma." "Man... my fuckn birthday is tomorrow and I dare that bitch to show her face." "Just chill Jay. Shes not comen." "She better not. If she does shes got some real balls and is askn for an asswhoopn." "Girl yo hormones got you goin." "I'm bout to eat and go back to sleep." "Iight see you in the morning." "No you wont." "Whatever, bye, love you."
°○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○°
      Two weeks later.... I graduated and haven't heard from D or Ru, until today. "You've got some nerve to be tryn to check me. I heard you and ole boy, Skylar, have been fuckn around since before I even came over there. So how do I know if you really carryin my child?"
"Dumb bitch! I met Skylar a month after you left. As a matter fact, I met him the same day I found I was pregnant. So go find some other bullshit excuse to explain why you fucked around on me cuz that ones not valid."
"Sounds like a lie."
"Fuck you Gecory. How bout that." "You did that already."
"Go fuck yourself."
"I have Ru for that... Remember?" I dont respond. I sit in my apartment and think. Before I knew it, another had gone by. It's now January 4th and my brother calls me "Sis, are you and D not talkn anymore?" "Why?" "Um, because I just saw him at the park lockn lips with Cream." "Who the fuck is Cream?" "My ex girlfriend Camel." "What the fuck? How old is this girl, Kell?" "She just turned 19." "And why in the hell where you talkn to her? Never mind that. Let me call you back?" I call D and it goes to voicemail. I call again and he answers "Yo." "Bitch, dont yo me. Who the fuck is Camel?" I guess she heard me because I hear her say "Who is that?" She sounds white and I say "Dont play me D. I will come beat that bitch ass, pregnant and all." "Look, just chill. Shes just a friend." At that moment I get a picture message from Kell and it's of this bitch kissn her while hes on the phone with me. So I say "Really? So if I send you a picture of you kissn this hoe it wont be you?" "Man, why are you worried?" "Oh I'm not. Just wait." I hang up. I call Val and tell her everything. I'm so pissed I can hardly function.