A Run-in with the Devil

A few days after our sleepover, James has been kinda.... Clingy. Its not that I don't like it. Its nice that he wants to spend time with me. But sometimes he takes it a little far.
   The other day, I was talking to Tim. We were having a conversation about everything in the ocean that can kill you: like sea cucumbers.
   Then James comes out of nowhere and takes me by the hand. He leads me to his room and closed the door, locking it. (no smut. This isn't that kinda book... Well not yet at least.)
   I was taken aback by this and froze. "Adam are you okay?"  He said in a psychotic tone. "Yeah I'm fine. Eheh." "Okay." Then he went back to normal and asked if I wanted to watcha movie. He always insists to watch a horror movie but he gets scared halfway into the movie.
   Not only that but he always texts me, telling me to come over. It's like he never animates anymore. But dispite all this he still uploads on a regular schedule.
   All this is making me a little overwhelmed. It's nice that he cares about me, but I'm also worried about him. All this is going through my head when I hear my phone go off.

James: come over. Now.

Adam: why?

James: idk I'm lonely.

Adam: ok I'll be there in ten

James: ok

   See what I mean? Most of the time I can't refuse because I love him. I arrive at his house and right as I set one foot on his porch, James immediately opens the door and pulls me inside. The sudden motion causes me to trip. I land on top of James, pinning his arms above his head.
   We both blush and when I move my knee, which just so happens to be above his crotch area, he moans. He blushes a deeper red and I get off slowly. I'm pretty sure I'm as red at a tomato.
   It's an awkward silence until James pipes up. "Um. Wanna eat some-thing?" "Sure." He walks in the kitchen and grabs a box of cereal. "Dang it. I'm outta cereal. I going to go to the store. Wanna come with?"
   I give a small nod, still flustered about the previous event. "His moan. Why did he have to moan? Now I'm thinking lewd thoughts." We got into my car. James said his car was destroyed and he was getting a new one.
   We arrive at the store and we go inside. While we were walking I accidentally brushed James' hand. "S-sorry." All he did was smile. We walked over to the cereal isle and picked some out. We were joking and having a good time untill I saw him. Lucas.
   He was in the candy isle. When we were dating, he always loved to make me suck a lolly pop while is he was.... Anyway, I got scared. Was he torturing another person? Where are they? Are they okay?
   I started hyperventilating until he turned around and saw me. Time slowed down. The store got darker and everyone disappeared. It was just us two. I flinched when we made eye contact. He smiled and walked over.
   "Hey slut. Miss me?~" he said. I couldn't move. He grabbed my chin, making my face only centimeters from his. His eyes were as beautiful like when I loved him. Those eyes hypnotized me and made me fall head over heels for him.
   Our lips were about to touch when I felt someone pull me back. I saw James looking protective and angry. I was angry too. Not only at Lucas, but at myself for almost letting him kiss me.
   His gaze switched to James. "Who are you? His little body guard?" he snarled when he saw him. It was strange. I never saw anyone look at James like that. Everyone looked at him with admiration and happiness. But Lucas's expression was different.
   "No I'm not. I'm his boyfriend." he said. I was shocked. My crush just said that. Lucas looked at me and then at James. "Pfft. Yeah right. I'm his boyfriend." he said.
   "What are you talking about? I'm the only one actually talking to him while you just watching the distance." "Well at least I'm better looking than you. Would Adam really go out with someone that looked like you?
   "Well you don't know that. I would know that he would go out with me because I'm not a literal creep." "You did not just to there." James smiled and continues "I think I just did."
   Why couldn't I move. I'm just standing here like an idiot. James and Lucas are fighting over me. Why? What's so special about me? Why do I matter? This wouldn't be happening if I wasn't here. "You're right. It wouldn't. Good job you screwed up again. Its not the first time but it could be the last. Just kill yourself already!"
   Right. That's the only option. My only option. After what seemed like years, I ran away from the scene leaving James and Lucas to their bickering. I hear James shout out for me, but I hear nothing but pity in his voice.
   Pity. The thing I despised the most. I don't want anyone to feel bad for me. Let alone worry about me. "This world be so much more happier without you." That damn voice. Taunting me about every move I make.
   It's so much stronger. Much more. Before I know it, I'm in my doorstep. I unlock the door and head down to the bathroom. I grab my blade and hold it to my wrist. The place where, if you cut it, your life goes into jeopardy.
  I almost press the blade down when I hear it. Banging on my bedroom door. "Adam! Are you okay? Please. Answer me!" James voice was distressed. Then I hear another voice"Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it." and another. "You can do it. Put the blade down and everything will be fine. Please don't do it."
   I can't breathe. They're all talking at once. I gasp for air. My conscience made the decision to cut. To cut my wrist. To end my life. To end my suffering. To end the pain. To end my horrible life.
   The last thing I hear is a door breaking down and then.

Darkness.