Chapter 2

The front door opens and our parents are home. I can't force myself to move from Bidem's bed, where he sits curled up with me. I hear the patter of Lyal and Melli's feet rushing to greet them. I hear Melli's little giggles followed closely by our father's deep rumble of a laugh. I already just want to run to him and forgive him. Just hearing him makes me bust out crying again. If we aren't careful he will marry Melli off next.

"Breaglie, it's okay. We need to get up and go eat," Bidem comforts and sits up more.

"I can't, Bidem. I can't," I whisper into his chest. I tightly grasp his shirt keeping myself latched onto him. I can't seem to let go of him. I know I have to but my body won't let me. It knows what's coming at dinner.

"Well, I need to go talk to dad. This isn't going to happen. I need to stop it now," he states, slowly freeing himself from me." You can stay here for now if you want."

"No," I cry and sit up."I don't want to be alone."

"I know you don't, but you can't let Lyal or Amelli see you like that. You have to be their strong, big sister. They look up to you, don't scare them."Bidem advices heading for the door. I nod my head and wipe away my tears. I try to also tame down my messy of hair. I look in Bidem's little mirror then leave, knowing that it's the best I can do for now.

The second I leave Bidem's room my voice abandons me. I am left speechless. I can't bring my eyes up from the floor. I can't even look up to see Melli running towards me. I just give her a fake smile then continue to the metal dinning table.

"Breaglie, what's wrong," my mother calls from the kitchen as I take my seat." Are you feeling alright dear?" She comes over and gently places her hand on my forehead but I still can't look at me. I just nod and give a smile again.

Amelli watches me from her seat." Are you still sad?" Her eyes stare deeply at me, waiting for my response. I shake my head and try to meet her eyes without letting any tears come out.

"Why were you sad earlier," mom quizzes watching me with wide eyes. She knows I know. She's panicking. I notice as she starts to rub her hands down the side of her dress. I look up to eyes and it is a dead give away. I see her quickly take in a deep breath.

A loud bang comes from my father's office." This is not your concern, Bidem," father shouts and everyone in the pod freezes. He's never really yelled, let alone at Bidem. My heart starts going into high gear. My breaths become quicker and shorter as the door to his office is flung open with a boom. Everyone jumps and Lyal and Melli run towards our mom. I turn my eyes to my plate again.

"Bullshit," Bidem screams chasing after dad. He grabs dad's arm and dad whips around looking like he is going to hit Bidem. Both Bidem and I flinch but he never strikes Bidem." Breaglie is not going. There is no way I am letting that happen."

"Its not your decision or even in your control," father calmly states even though his face is red. He takes his seat and acts like him and Bidem aren't in the middle of a conversation.I glance at Bidem and Bidem's face may just be redder than dad's. Bidem rips his chair next to father back. Everyone but father jumps at Bidem's action. Bidem's never been mad before, not like this.

"If Breaglie leaves then I leave," he growls through his teeth, glowering at dad. Dad doesn't seem fazed as he pulls his napkin into his lap.

"Sit down Bidem," father commands, but Bidem doesn't move. Father looks at him and sighs." Bidem, the deal is already made. There is nothing I can do. This was the only option I had. You act like I wanted this. You think I want to send Breaglie, no. I love her so much. I love you all so much, but sometimes decisions have to be made. She just happened to be in the cross fires," he explains.