Chapter 8

Layla's POV:
Thinking about what I saw made me so upset and mad.
I can't believe he did this to me. Yea we don't go out but I just thought he was different.
But this really hurt me and I don't now why. It feels like half of my heart was ripped out and it was left in the passenger seat of that car.

My eyes started stinging from the cold air whipping at my face from the rain. Good thing when I opened the door we weren't that far from my house.

Drowning in my own thoughts I hadn't even realized that I had been sitting here for a good 39 minutes and my mom would be home soon to ask a whole lot of questions. Going up to my bathroom I turned on the shower.

There was only two things in life that could calm me down. A long hot shower, and working out. I planned to do both.

After my shower I got dressed in a simple sports bra and shorts and as I made my way to the gym I threw my soaking wet hair into a messy bun. God I was so hurt over something so stupid.

Putting my boxing gloves on I steadied the punching bag. Getting into a defensive position I started throwing punches. Left, right. Combo left, left, right. Left left right kick dodge left right. And that's how it went for the next four hours.

Hearing the doorbell go off I ran down the stairs thinking it was my mom who had probably forgotten her key again.

"Mom how many time- oh hi Damon I wasn't expecting you"

He had flowers and a bear in his hands.

"Ya I just thought I should make it up to you because of what happened in the car."

Smiling I looked into those mesmerizing blue eyes of his.

"You didn't have to do that I told you we were fine but come on in"

Letting him enter I grabbed the flowers from him and put them into a vase.

"So let me go change real quick and then we can watch a movie or something"

He smiled at me and nodded.

Running up the stairs I jumped into the shower and changed my clothes.

Hopping down the stairs like a bunny I heard someone cough.
Screaming I looked around until my eyes found Damon who looked like he was abot to shit himself if he didn't laugh. Trying to play it cool I leaned on the banister and crossed my legs.

"Didn't see you there"

And he finally laughed and looked at me with all these emotions.

"C'mon let's watch a movie"
He followed me to my home movie theater.

"Soooo which movie Captain America, Love Actually, or Frozen"

I was praying that he was gonna Frozen because that is my favorite movie of all time. And c'mon who doesn't like to sing aloud to the songs.

"How aboutttttt Frozen"

"YES! Frozen is my favorite movie of all time."

He looked at me and did a little half smile and shrugged.

"Eh it's alright"

Gasping I turned around slowly

"You did not just say that Frozen was "alright"

"Yea so what you gonna do about it"

I don't know what came over me but I grabbed a pillow and hit him with it.

"You've got 5 seconds princess to run 5-4-3-2"

Not wasting anytime I ran to the back of the room and hid behind a basket. He would never find me hear.

"Im coming"
Then it was silent, and the silence made it even scarier. Peeking my head out of my spot I looked around.

"Gotcha"

I screamed so loud the neighbors probably heard it. He grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder then threw me on the couch and started tickling me.

"Ok ok Damon Sto-stop ple-please"

"Only if you say Damon is the sexiest most intelligent guy and I love him so much"

"Ok! DamonisthesexiestmodtintelligentguyandIlovehimsomuch!"

After those words he stopped tickling me he looked into my eyes and pushed a stray piece of hair behind my ear. He looked at my lips then back up to my eyes, leaning down his lips were just about to touch mine. I was finally gonna feel those soft li-"

BERINNGGG

His phone went off ruining the moment.

"Shit" he muttered

"Im sorry I gotta take this"

He got off of me and went into the other room before coming out.

"Im sorry but I gotta go lets do this again I had a lot of fun"

"Yea sure, I'll walk you out"
Walking back up the stairs I opened the door and he walked out. He turned around and kissed me on the cheek before whispering in my ear.

"Goodbye Layla I'll see you at school"

And then he was gone leaving me to my thoughts.