Prologue

Ever felt someone you love energy drain out in front of you? No, didn't think so.

2 months ago, the best alpha I've known was pronounced dead. That man was my father. My mother never took death lightly so now she stays in her room, it has gotten so bad to where she won't even eat. That's when you know shit has hit the fan because momma stay in the kitchen.

As for me, I've never knew how to handle my emotions very well. Being a kid wasn't challenging. Whenever I was sad or mad, my parents were there to comfort me. Though this time was different than all the rest. I never got the chance to grieve because when he died, the pack was handed to me. I threw myself into pack issues after the burial as an excuse. Don't get me wrong, I do check on my mother multiple times a day. Other than that, I would have nothing to do.

You may be wondering where my mate is. Well long story short, never got one.

My 16th birthday was very much short lived. After inviting everyone eligible, the connection was not there even as I blew out my candles.

This has definitely showed me that I need to work harder. My dad always used to say, "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." I live by that.

So I guess we'll see what the future brings...