Chapter 4

- - -Titus' POV- - -

We all run into the scene at the same time.

The clashing of teeth and wolves can be seen and heard. I bite into the closest rogue to me and snap its neck.

"I want survivors," I say as I snap another rogue's neck.

I turn when I hear paws thudding towards me. The biggest rogue is foaming and snarling at the mouth. See, this is the shit I get tired of.

We jump at each other in mid air. The sound can be heard throughout the whole field. I get the rogue onto its back and claw down its stomach. It lets out a small whine and kicks me off with its hind legs. I roll in the dirt but land on my feet. The rogue makes the mistake of charging so I quickly sidestep. My claw digs into its side that's coated in blood now. I get a chance to snap its neck as it stumbles so I take it.

As I let go, I feel multiple claws sink into my skin everywhere. I growl, snarl, and twist but they stay on.

"Benji, need a little help with these fuckers." I suggest through the link. Benjamin sends a force my way that propels many rogues in the trees.

I look around and notice a pack member fighting off three rogues by themselves. I run to help and I see Brian do the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I soon snap the last rogue's neck. I check to see if we lost anyone and if all the rogues are dead.

A mate pair seem to have died beside each other. I'll have to bring it up in the meeting.

"Clean this fucking mess up. Pack meeting in 10 minutes. I want to see my Beta, Gamma, head warriors, and whoever was on parole in this area in my office. You got five seconds," I command in the pack link. They knew I was beyond pissed so I didn't get a reply.

I shift back and walk to the safe room. When I get there, I'm guessing the guards didn't smell me because I have two red dots on my chest.

"Really?" I say, dripping with sarcasm.

They lower their guns and mutter a "sorry Alpha". They go to open the room as I put on shorts to cover myself from the children.

I walk in to kids playing, adults talking, and teenagers doing whatever the hell they do.

"The situation has been handled and you can come outside now." I announce to the people filled room. They prepare to head out to return to their daily life.

"E-Excuse me A-Alpha Titus." A normal member who trains with me pulls me aside.

"Yes Tristen?" I know he is shy around people in power so I'm gentler than usual.

"G-Grace, your mother, hasn't s-spoken a word since she's g-gotten in here." He left without another word.

I sigh. I shouldn't worry since it's an everyday occurrence now.

A quick look around the room shows me that she's sitting on a corner couch. I walk over and sit next to her. At that moment, I thought maybe the blood would bring up the past. Memories flood into my head of the slaughtering of a large number of pack members. Plus my father.

Seax whines in my head at the lose of our dad. "I do miss him but we have to be strong to carry on his legacy."

My mom turns to look at me with tears in her eyes. I pull her against my chest in a hug. We rock back and forth until I hear sniffles.

"I miss him, y-you know. He was my sunshine and now he's g-gone." My mom chokes out. I can feel her pain run off in waves.

I'm not good at comforting people but I'll try for my mother.

"Hey mom, it'll be alright. We'll get through this but you have to cooperate with me." I coax her out of her shell with a gentle smile.

She returns my smile with a small one. "You look so much like him," she mutters under her breath.

I help her off the couch. She goes to walk but her feet don't catch up. I grab her before she can fall and bring her to her room. Once she lays down, I pull up a chair.

"Did you notice how boney she is? Offer her some damn food." Seax growls at me.

"I could try if you'd quite interrupting." I growl back. He mumbles an incoherent reply.

"Mom, would you like anything to eat?"

"N-No sweetheart, I'm just fine. Run along," she urges me. I compromise.

"I do have to go but I will get an omega to send you lunch. Eat it understand?" I let some of my Aloha voice slip in. I get a nod in approval.

I kiss her forehead and slip out. I inform an omega about her lunch on my walk by. My anger seeps out as I open my office door and see who I asked for.

"I want details but first thing first. We're moving."

**********************************

So thoughts? —>

Vote and comment