The Call

Hi! My name is Y/n L/n. I am 18 years old and I live in an apartment with my best friend Rhianna. We live in (your hometown). Anyways, lately things have been really weird at the apartment lately. It all started on a random Monday afternoon. I was all alone. Rhianna had gone shopping with another friend. I was just surfing the web on my laptop, when the phone rang. I got up and answered it. "Hello?"

Nothing. "Anybody there?"

I was about to hang up the phone when I heard breathing on the other side. I pulled the phone away from my ear and gave a confused look as if the person on the other side could see my reaction. "Hello? Anybody there?"

No reply. I hung up and started to walk away when it rang again. I picked it up and Rhianna's voice came out. "Hey y/n, I'll be home shortly we're almost done."

"Kay'. Did you try calling a minute ago?"
"No, why?"

"Uh, no reason. See you soon."

I hung up. That was really weird. Who would try to call me and then not answer? Whatever.

A few minutes later, Rhianna showed up and said "Wanna go into town? To just walk around."

"You want to go to the new candy shop don't you."

"YES!!!"

She came down on her knees and said "Please can we go, y/n. Please, oh please!"

I rolled my eyes. Rhianna could be a drama queen sometimes. She then added, "I can't go without my daily suger supply. Please oh please!"

"Fine."

She jumped up and hugged me. "Oh thank you thank you! Your the most best best friend ever!!!!"

"Sure I am. Let's go."

We walked out and went to the new candy shop. Rhianna ran around and I just smiled. That's when I noticed a boy with black hair and pale skin. I pretended I was looking around, only paying attention to him. He wore a blue hoodie with black pants and a scarf covered up to his nose. His eyes were white rimmed with black. I couldn't help but stare at him. He must have noticed because he stared back at me. I realized he was staring at me so I looked off to the right. Out of the corner of my eye I could see he was still staring at me. I walked over to Rhianna and said "Let's go, Rhianna."

"M'kay."

After we paid for her candy we walked out of the store. As we walked through the door of our apartment, the phone rang. I answered it. "Hello?"

No answer, just like before. "This isn't funny!"

I slammed the phone down on the reciever and sat down on the couch. The rest of the night Rhianna and I watched TV until we went to bed at 11:00 pm. We changed into our pjs, which were a grey tank top and blue shorts for me and a blue nightgown for Rhianna. As we crawled into our seperate beds, we said our goodnights and then we both fell into a deep slumber.